C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Service vehicle soon light

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 09:31 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

Was under car and found the rack unplugged... plugged it in and bam power steering is light as a feather and no more message on DIC.

thanks.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:22 PM
PUREVOL
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Same thing

Originally Posted by Julie Caler
Oh my God I have the same issue and nobody can figure out what is wrong. Please keep me posted if anyone finds out. I have a 2006 And it started soon after I hit a pothole.
I hit a pothole & mine did the same. Then it said to service TPMS
Old 05-18-2023, 03:14 PM
Dennis49buick
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stiff steering; Service Vehicle Soon warning in DIC!

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald

I receive the same warning, also heavier steering at times. Intermittently, so it's pretty hard to find what the cause could be.
I'm all
I too had sudden stiffer steering as if the magnasteer had stopped working. I also got the “SERVICE VEHICLE SOON” warning on the DIC. Came up every time I started the car. I have a 2009 base with 65,000 miles, in near pristine condition, no mods. My GM TECH 2 analyzer also did not show any DTC codes. Looked at the power steering reservoir and the PS fluid level looked black and smelled somewhat burnt. I figured it was the original fluid since new, and no indication in its service records that it had ever been changed. I followed the procedure to “flush” the system and replaced the old fluid with Mobil One ATF, which is red, so it was easy to see when the old black fluid was purged and new red fluid was now completely in the system. What a relief when I started the car and had power steering again! And the “SERVICE VEHICLE SOON” warning went away!! Easy, cheap fix, so

This is what I used. 1-1/2 quarts.
I guess I can return the new PS pump and lines I bought, and save me from the PITA replacement process. 👍👍👍
Old 05-18-2023, 03:43 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Originally Posted by jmagilto
Does anyone have anything to add? Anyone gotten to the bottom of this one?
Grounds. Grounds. Grounds. Check ALL the ground points on the car.

Tom

Quick Reply: C6 Service vehicle soon light