C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(+) Battery Nut & battery Scissor clamp

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:05 PM
04goatman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default (+) Battery Nut & battery Scissor clamp

I lost my positive battery cable scissor clamp, and the nut is so corroded it can't be salvaged, does anyone know where I can purchase a scissor clamp & nut without having the buy the entire positive battery cable assembly?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:34 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Don't think you can. All that may be available is a universal cable end.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

How did you lose the clamp? It is crimped to the positive wires. If you just need the cone nut, you can find it on ebay. If you want a new clamp consider replacing out with aftermarket. I replaced mine with a stinger hpm series clamp from darvex. Very nice and holds the battery terminal securely. The wire harness is about 100 and not particularly ready to replace. Will have to drop the starter and possibly a portion of the exhaust.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:00 PM
JohnToner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kedar
How did you lose the clamp? It is crimped to the positive wires. If you just need the cone nut, you can find it on ebay. If you want a new clamp consider replacing out with aftermarket. I replaced mine with a stinger hpm series clamp from darvex. Very nice and holds the battery terminal securely. The wire harness is about 100 and not particularly ready to replace. Will have to drop the starter and possibly a portion of the exhaust.
I have one I cam mail to you if you still need it.

Get notified of new replies

To (+) Battery Nut & battery Scissor clamp

Quick Reply: (+) Battery Nut & battery Scissor clamp