C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 102 bolts or oem bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 11:16 AM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update guys, I am Going to get it tune this week its all together now. I put the ported BER fast 102 in with fast bolts and some locktite seems to be working good for now, I also went from the stock injectors to the fast 46lb precision flow injectors which looks identical to the stock injectors side by side and the car started and idle fine a little surging for a few seconds then it goes away. It will get trailered to the tuner, I don't want to take a chance and screwing something up. I thought about driving it there since it idles and revs normal but I just don't feel comfortable with it to much $$$$ invested.

On a side note, I had bought some Professional product fuel rails complete kit 10614. After installing them they leaked like niagara falls. It was horrible, they looked nice sitting there but leaked through the injectors the an fittings connections. I also used the recommend earls thread sealant kit needless to say the stock fuel rails are back on with no leaks. If I decide to go with anything it looks like it will be the fast fuel rail kit.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:19 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by shawnaj7731

On a side note, I had bought some Professional product fuel rails complete kit 10614. After installing them they leaked like niagara falls. It was horrible, they looked nice sitting there but leaked through the injectors the an fittings connections. I also used the recommend earls thread sealant kit needless to say the stock fuel rails are back on with no leaks. If I decide to go with anything it looks like it will be the fast fuel rail kit.
The Holley rails work fine as well.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Aside from OEM or Fast supplied IM bolts. These are for those wanting another option!

ARP 12 point stainless:

Thread engagement is > 14 mm.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Neumonic2002
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by victorf
Aside from OEM or Fast supplied IM bolts. These are for those wanting another option!

ARP 12 point stainless:

Thread engagement is > 14 mm.

Looking real nice my friend, I also like the bracket/hold down you fabbed for over the map sensor! Hope you are well.

John
Old 08-03-2014, 01:51 PM
victorf
Drifting

Originally Posted by Neumonic2002
Looking real nice my friend, I also like the bracket/hold down you fabbed for over the map sensor! Hope you are well.

John
Nice to see you popped in John, been a long time, yea?!! Enjoying your modded car, I bet!

You have sharp eyes! I am doing great! Just something else to do, for lack of a better word, when I got the time between baby sitting my grandson.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:29 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

yes...looks really nice. where did you get the throttle body tube to replace the accordion?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:57 PM
victorf
Drifting

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
yes...looks really nice. where did you get the throttle body tube to replace the accordion?
Thanks!

WCC, little expensive but came with hole and notch precut in the correct orientation, along with two band clamps.

However, I didn't use supplied clamps and opted to use ABA 316 Marine in their place, as well as for all my coolant hoses.

Quick Reply: fast 102 bolts or oem bolts?