C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 street and track alignment(hpde)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 04:47 PM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default c6 street and track alignment(hpde)

I wanted feedback regarding what alignment settings would be the best for dual purpose street (weekend car) and track (hpde). I have a 2013 grand sport running a pfadt camber kit. I will be running re-11 as track tires and I will be driving my car to track events for the next year (2 hour ddrive minimum) until I get a truck/trailer and want settings that will give me descent performance while not destroying the inside edge of the tires too prematurely (although I realize this is ultimately unavoidable when running a dual purpose alignment). I was considering running pfadt s listed street/track settings. I want to avoid swapping street and track alignments for track days until I get a trailer. So, for any members with experience in this area, I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:32 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

This would be a good starting point and you can adjust from there:

Front
Camber: neg 1.5 to 1.8
Caster: pos 7.2 to 7.6
Toe: 1/16" toe out total

Rear
Camber: Neg 1.25 to 1.40
Toe: 1/16" to 1/8" toe in total

Toe is going to effect tire wear more than just about anything but will also dictate how the car feels on track a bit as well. Get used to bringing a 13mm and 7/8" wrench with you to the track and familiarize yourself with how to do toe changes at the track and before you drive home. Normally I would have 1/8" out at the front and 3/16" to 1/4" in at the back of the car for a track car as a starting point but it will destroy your tires on the street.

Camber adjust to your tracks. You can get away (typically) with a bit more camber on it and not kill the tires unless your putting 20k miles a year on the car.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
c6moneypit
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
This would be a good starting point and you can adjust from there:

Front
Camber: neg 1.5 to 1.8
Caster: pos 7.2 to 7.6
Toe: 1/16" toe out total

Rear
Camber: Neg 1.25 to 1.40
Toe: 1/16" to 1/8" toe in total

Toe is going to effect tire wear more than just about anything but will also dictate how the car feels on track a bit as well. Get used to bringing a 13mm and 7/8" wrench with you to the track and familiarize yourself with how to do toe changes at the track and before you drive home. Normally I would have 1/8" out at the front and 3/16" to 1/4" in at the back of the car for a track car as a starting point but it will destroy your tires on the street.

Camber adjust to your tracks. You can get away (typically) with a bit more camber on it and not kill the tires unless your putting 20k miles a year on the car.
Thanks! Should I look into getting home alignment tools to use for track days? Also are running those toe settings ok for regular street and highway use or should I set them as close to 0 as possible when not at the track?

Last edited by c6moneypit; 12-10-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:56 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

Anthony beat me to it, those are pretty close to the settings I use. As mentioned, for street duty I set my toe for 0 F and 1/16th total toe-in R.

I also run a catch can and a camber kit.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:25 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by c6moneypit
Thanks! Should I look into getting home alignment tools to use for track days? Also are running those toe settings ok for regular street and highway use or should I set them as close to 0 as possible when not at the track?
Having the tools to do the changes is never a bad thing...especially if you want to make some quick changes at the track. Document what you do and you can always go back to where it was before hand.

Get notified of new replies

To c6 street and track alignment(hpde)

Quick Reply: c6 street and track alignment(hpde)