C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Brake Pads are an A+

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 05:25 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by C6whinnit
Thanks for all the great info, i have quick question, My 2010 grand sport has slotted rotors on the back and cross drilled on the front, I'm thinking they are not stock (Bought it used) am i correct in thinking i don't need to keep it this way? Getting ready to replace them and put cross drilled and slotted on front and rear.

thanks in advance
Obviously the previous owner replaced the rear set. GS, s come with cross drilled rotors at all four corners. OEM cross drilled GS rotors are only 60-70 dollars each on Amazon.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:22 PM
C6whinnit
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsflyer2011
Obviously the previous owner replaced the rear set. GS, s come with cross drilled rotors at all four corners. OEM cross drilled GS rotors are only 60-70 dollars each on Amazon.
Thanks,
Had a feeling that was the case, just wanted to double
Old 04-24-2016, 06:29 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Been running those pads with their slotted and dimpled rotors for 5 years now with no issues. My rear brakes are finally squeaking so I'm gonna put the same ones on the back. They worked great on my g37s and my last 3/4 ton diesel. Been running the $60 Wagner thermoquiets on the rest of mine and my families vehicles for over a decade. Never replaced a rotor and never an issue stopping plus lifetime warranty so I never buy pads again. Once they start squeaking I take them to O'reilly's and they exchange them no questions asked. Never understood why some folks think that more expensive stuff is better than less expensive stuff.
The following users liked this post:
dmoneychris (04-24-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM
RyaneC
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered some Brake Performance pads for my C6. Hope I like them as much as you have!

Last edited by RyaneC; 05-30-2016 at 01:49 PM.
dmoneychris (05-30-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Brake pads break down to a few areas.

1. The temp range that the pad is designed to run at.
2. The initial bite and them the feed back of the pad during braking.

Then finally, the amount that they are going to dust and how much noise they are going to make until they come up to temps.

Yes, you can get some aftermarket pads that will not dust as much, but your giving up either the added heat range of the OEM HD pads for the hotter auto cross work, or worse, initial bite and feed back isntead.
dmoneychris (06-01-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Purple92
Melting Slicks

Received 786 Likes on 541 Posts

IMHO - I'd say that there are a LOT more than a couple of variables in brake pad design / performance... When you get into racing brake pads - the bite/release characteristics are Extremely Important, as is a high and linear Cf throughout the pads operating temp range. Pad life is another very important design characteristic. When talking street pads - cold temp characteristics, rotor friendliness, noise characteristics, dusting and cost all play a role in the pad design.

That being said - when selecting pads the most important thing is to be honest in how you're going to use the car. If you do track days - you need pads that will take heat, and still operate dead cold. If you are concerned about dusting - that's fine, but it's likely that the engineers who designed pad compounds that can take track abuse were probably a lot less concerned about dusting, noise, and low temp rotor friendliness than you are...

Again - in my personal opinion, Hawk, Performance Friction, EBC, Carbotech ALL make good brake pads - read the literature that each manufacturer puts out, and try to talk to people who are running those pads and see what they think. The opinions expressed on this forum are one of the things that makes it great, we get to see a lot of people's opinions, and we also get to learn from each others mistakes...
dmoneychris (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 04:24 PM
dadsbadhabit
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My god these kinds of threads are entertaining! it's a good thing we only have 1 choice for oil.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dadsbadhabit
My god these kinds of threads are entertaining! it's a good thing we only have 1 choice for oil.
For oil, you're referring to Amsoil Signature Series 0w-30 right? lol
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM
TEECEE
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Finally put these BP pads on the rear of my GS. After terrible dust and constant squealing for a year, these are wonderful! DO NOT waste your money on anything but these. 43 bucks!! You just can't go wrong. Less dust, no noises and no change in stopping power.
dmoneychris (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:44 AM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TEECEE
Finally put these BP pads on the rear of my GS. After terrible dust and constant squealing for a year, these are wonderful! DO NOT waste your money on anything but these. 43 bucks!! You just can't go wrong. Less dust, no noises and no change in stopping power.
Thanks for sharing your opinion of these pads on here. I appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I went with Posi Quiets on my 07Z06 and just recently on the wifes 12GS...same reason....dust. The ones on the 07 are finally getting down there after a few years and many miles....the ones on the GS are doing just fine and perform better than the OEM pads by a mile...its not even close.

again, if you are DD your car as opposed to tracking your car your needs are different.

just like people feel they HAVE to buy Michelin Pilots because all the cool kids are....hey if you got $2500 to blow every 6 months knock yourself out.....I won't buy another set of overpriced worthless after 5K miles Michelins again....but thats me

-signed guy who drives his cars more than just weekends, holidays and to breakfast once a month
Old 06-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Seems like the forums are particularly opinionated lately as witnessed on quite a few other threads on what a member has done to HIS CAR
Live and let live is my motto
NSF
dmoneychris (06-27-2016)
Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

I'm planning on selling my car.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-6spd-man.html

Quick Reply: New Brake Pads are an A+