C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many HP gain with this

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Umbra
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many HP gain with this

Hello, my model of Vette is LS2 M6 coupe 2006. ALL STOCK.

¿ How many horsepower can gain with only this mod without tune ? https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-mot...e-headers.html

¿ And are these headers compatible together with B&B PRT exhaust ??.

I'm from Spain and here the mechanics don't have any idea of accessories/mods on this cars... But i hope to install any mod someday in a life in this country... I'm thinking on headars and this B&B with good sound...

Thank you experts!.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:46 AM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

sorry it ain't gonna work without a tune MORE AIR IN-MORE AIR OUT =TUNE and most of your "forum engineers" aren't any more of an expert then you are, your in spain, then a Chuck Cow tune might be the way to go... MY 2006 MN6 LS2 K&N intake, roller rocker arms {1.7} ported/polished TB, Z06 exhaust, TUNED by Vengeance Racing 381 RWHP, 379 TQ this is just a little higher then with the stock exhaust, I love the guys who put headers on and a tune and get 45 more HP and say it's the headers. A GOOD tune will get you 30-40 HP in an LS2. if I was in Spain I would save my $ on headers, if have to have more sound then change the mufflers, and if you want more HP I would go with a small cam something that really doesn't require a tune like Comp Cams 54-424-11, and with the $ I saved on headers I would get a Chuck Cow mail order tune or a Diablosport predator/trinity. Both Co's will work with you untill it's tuned right, you just send the ECM back to chuck after you've drove it a bit or with the predator you would just send the files back and they would tell you what to do. IMHO

Last edited by CMY SIX; 05-31-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:40 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

You will not hear any negatives on the forum with any supporting vendor - but google will!

If I were you, being in Spain and all without too much support, especially if you are not handy with car performance. I would not doing anything to jeopardize reliability/dependability.

When performance gets beyond intake/exhaust/tune, you are into uncharted territory without backgrounds in performance modifications.

Based on track records and personal experience, I stayed away from the tuner located in Westchester N.Y. and went with ECS for my mail ordered tune after installing intake/exhaust.

My decision to choose ECS was recommended by forum members PM's as well as google researchs. Perfect timing, it was 6 years ago during the Cameron verse Westchester Speed Shop's fiasco. I can't thank enough for forum members warnings and recommendations. Google ECS or who ever before getting tuning that can have serious impacts on the life of your engine.

And if you want to get more performance without jeopardizing engine longevity. Consider a 4:10 rear differential, it will be expensive to get one ready made and shipped to Spain, however.

As I have done followed intake/exhaust/ECS tune, with a build RPM unit, shipped to me in Hawaii, its like having a cam but without a cam's associated long term maintenance and cost from a skill mechanic to do the maintenance for good health:

Be very careful with internet advice!

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
A GOOD tune will get you 30-40 HP in an LS2.
You have GOT to be kidding.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by mbowers13
That's what the tuner told him.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Umbra
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very confused and don't understand the majority words said on the post for my english level, especially abbreviations words of mechanic parts. I try to understand something...

For the sound no problem, i like the B&B PRT exhaust, this i understand and no problem for install mechanics here.

But apart, i want HorsePower, what is the best way to increase power/horsepower ?.

The air intake it's not dangerous to install and no dangerous for engine? ( this needs a gadget tune ? )

What is exactly the "tune"?, the tune is the machine similar a smartphone? it's difficult to use or dangerous?, this device really give HP?. I see this gadget is in english, i see videos but don't understand the exactly use of that.

I stay more then 1 year TRY the mode of gain HP, and for moment all is confused and i dont know what piece buy!

Please, anyone can copy the link of the mod can buy for add HP, or say me the excatly way to use a "tune". Diablo sport is good?.

Sorry for the questions and sorry for my english level, i try as best i can..

Help me, please. Thank you !.

PS: Si alguien de Miami o donde sea que hable Español pudiera ayudarme de una vez por todas en decirme que comprar/hacer para ganar horsepower de una forma no perjudicial para el motor que me envie un mensaje privado, porfavor, le estaría muy agradecido, yo no me aclaro...
Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default in your dreams

sorry it ain't gonna work without a tune MORE AIR IN-MORE AIR OUT =TUNE and most of your "forum engineers" aren't any more of an expert then you are, your in spain, then a Chuck Cow tune might be the way to go... MY 2006 MN6 LS2 K&N intake, roller rocker arms {1.7} ported/polished TB, Z06 exhaust, TUNED by Vengeance Racing 381 RWHP, 379 TQ this is just a little higher then with the stock exhaust, I love the guys who put headers on and a tune and get 45 more HP and say it's the headers. A GOOD tune will get you 30-40 HP in an LS2. if I was in Spain I would save my $ on headers, if have to have more sound then change the mufflers, and if you want more HP I would go with a small cam something that really doesn't require a tune like Comp Cams 54-424-11, and with the $ I saved on headers I would get a Chuck Cow mail order tune or a Diablosport predator/trinity. Both Co's will work with you untill it's tuned right, you just send the ECM back to chuck after you've drove it a bit or with the predator you would just send the files back and they would tell you what to do. IMHO
if dreaming in technicolor a tune alone on a stock LS2 will pick up 30-40 rwhp

Last edited by irok; 05-31-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,193 Likes on 2,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Umbra
I'm very confused and don't understand the majority words said on the post for my english level, especially abbreviations words of mechanic parts. I try to understand something...

For the sound no problem, i like the B&B PRT exhaust, this i understand and no problem for install mechanics here.

But apart, i want HorsePower, what is the best way to increase power/horsepower ?.

The air intake it's not dangerous to install and no dangerous for engine? ( this needs a gadget tune ? )

What is exactly the "tune"?, the tune is the machine similar a smartphone? it's difficult to use or dangerous?, this device really give HP?. I see this gadget is in english, i see videos but don't understand the exactly use of that.

I stay more then 1 year TRY the mode of gain HP, and for moment all is confused and i dont know what piece buy!

Please, anyone can copy the link of the mod can buy for add HP, or say me the excatly way to use a "tune". Diablo sport is good?.

Sorry for the questions and sorry for my english level, i try as best i can..

Help me, please. Thank you !.

PS: Si alguien de Miami o donde sea que hable Español pudiera ayudarme de una vez por todas en decirme que comprar/hacer para ganar horsepower de una forma no perjudicial para el motor que me envie un mensaje privado, porfavor, le estaría muy agradecido, yo no me aclaro...
You want quick cheap horsepower??

Long tubes!!!!!!

Long tubes + tune = about 40rwhp. But since you have LS2, i would say about 35rwhp. That is still A LOT for just long tubes and a tune.

A tune is basically fine adjustments to your stock computer to compensate the modifications you installed, like long tubes. If you install long tubes, to get the most out of them, you NEED the tune. Otherwise you're not gaining as much HP as you should.

An intake manifold you do NOT need as of yet. Installing one now will probably give you 10hp, and they're not cheap. You're better off porting your stock intake manifold and save a ton of money. And you're probably gain just as much HP as if you were to buy a FAST intake manifold.

If you're going for sound ONLY, get any axleback. Corsa, B&B etc.

But you said you want HP. Only way right now is long tubes. Cheap, GOOD HP.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:54 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 547 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Umbra

The most straightforward way to get horsepower, is a supercharger. You don't have to buy headers, or another cam,, etc.

The A&A centrifugal supercharger kit, using a Vortec compressor, or an Edelbrock Roots supercharger, using an Eaton compressor, will get all the horsepower you can manage. I have the A&A supercharger. 6500 of these superchargers have been sold for Corvette installation. I really like mine since below 2000 rpm, the car drives and also burns gasoline just like a stock Corvette. The centrifugal wakes up at about 2500 rpm......... The Edelbrock Supercharger kit is essentially the factory Corvette supercharger. The Edelbrock unit looks almost exactly like the factory and uses the same Eaton roots compressor....I'd guess they really are the same. Edelbrock makes a lot of GM's high performance parts.

My A&A centrifugal blower makes 580 rwhp at 6500 rpm..this is about 620 flywheel hp..and this is with a stock 08 engine. The Edelbrock supercharger kit will produce almost identical hp ratings. The Edelbrock will have a slight lesser HP at high engine rpms, but will make more hp at lower rpms than the A&A.

Both superchargers can conveniently be mounted to the engine, however both require that the front "fascia," the front bumper external surface be removed for installation. Both supercharger kits come with softwear to reprogram the Engine Control Unit(ECU). To get some extra Hp out of the superchargers, a dynomometer is needed to custom program the ECU. The softwear that comes with both kits will get you pretty close to maximum hp.

Both A&A and the Edelbrock supercharger kits are acceptable for use with the US California State air pollution regulations. If you don't have to conform to these regulations, you should be able to get some additional hp.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 06-01-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette
The most straightforward way to get horsepower, is a supercharger. You don't have to buy headers, or another cam,, etc.

The A&A centrifugal supercharger kit, using a Vortec compressor, or an Edelbrock Roots supercharger, using an Eaton compressor, will get all the horsepower you can manage. I have the A&A supercharger. 6500 of these superchargers have been sold for Corvette installation. I really like mine since below 2000 rpm, the car drives and also burns gasoline just like a stock Corvette. The centrifugal wakes up at about 2500 rpm......... The Edelbrock Supercharger kit is essentially the factory Corvette supercharger. The Edelbrock unit looks almost exactly like the factory and uses the same Eaton roots compressor....I'd guess they really are the same. Edelbrock makes a lot of GM's high performance parts.
I agree that the SC route is a good one and you get a lot more for your money, and a LOT more room to grow. And you retain stock drivability and near stock fuel mileage when you are just cruising. Some guys only realize this after they add up how much it actually cost them to do intake/cam/headers and all of the little parts that go along with a larger cam.

I went with the ECS supercharger kit instead of A&A, but most will be happy with either IMO.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:03 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

I got 36 with just a tune..... SO it is possible.....
Old 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you Very Much!

Thank you VERY MUCH!

Hello, my model of Vette is LS2 M6 coupe 2006. ALL STOCK.

¿ How many horsepower can gain with only this mod without tune ? https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-mot...e-headers.html

¿ And are these headers compatible together with B&B PRT exhaust ??.

I'm from Spain and here the mechanics don't have any idea of accessories/mods on this cars... But i hope to install any mod someday in a life in this country... I'm thinking on headars and this B&B with good sound...

Thank you experts!.

No matter where you live in the world, we can tune it for you. Our AutoCal device is

the only way to go for remote tuning. Have a look.

Click HERE for AutoCal information.

Click HERE for CoW BOOSTER! information.

Click HERE for our proven line of CoW CAMS.

Call any time.
914-332-0049

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 06-02-2015, 01:39 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

OP, whichever path you choose. Google and research first. The old saying is often true: If something sounded too good to be true - it often is.

Beware of unscrupulous shops with proven tinted records.

They are like ambulance chasing lawyers!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:16 PM
secrt0007agt
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default People living in areas that get too much sun

I would really beware of folks that seem to have a lot of opinions and knowledge, when they apparently have been driving too much with their top down causing deranged sun damage to their crowns.

Also beware of those "Google" groupies who live by the words of persons who whole-heartedly believe what is spit out by those who wish to try to damage a persons reputation without warrant. I would also advise to check dates of input from these Google geniuses and perhaps even "Google" the Googlers, if you can believe their identities are correct.

Getting back to some subject matter, don't be afraid of well established "tuners", but as the man said, check them out, there are good ones and some not so good ones out there.

I personally have had a ECS prepared Vette that was put together pretty darn good. I have also had experience dealing with one of the best tuners in the country (and out) and he not only tuned my current C6 perfectly, but he took the time (a lot of time) to solve some serious drivability issues related to a performance fuel system that was installed incorrectly. This guy not only got the car running perfectly, but provided me with a list of things that needed to be corrected with my fuel system. This all was done after my diligent search for someone who first could speak with some intelligence about my issues, and then was able to explain to me what needed to be corrected, when initially, I could find anyone that had any idea how the damn fuel system worked! I am here to tell you that Chuck Cow of Corvettes of Westchester knows his stuff, and regardless of what some old "Googles" from persons with vendetta's utter, look to those of us who here on the forum have worked with Chuck, and are familiar with his talents and expertise.

So my opinion on this subject after owning, restoring, tweaking and fix'in up seven Corvettes over the years, is have fun doing it, do your homework, don't take Mr. Google's information as righteous and look carefully on the forum for some good information from some really knowledgeable people on here. Go beyond those loudmouths that just wish to criticize and be negative.

Originally Posted by victorf
OP, whichever path you choose. Google and research first. The old saying is often true: If something sounded too good to be true - it often is.

Beware of unscrupulous shops with proven tinted records.

They are like ambulance chasing lawyers!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Interesting thread. Many opinions!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't get it?
Life is real simple, I live in Hawaii and Chuck Cow has done all my tuning for 3 years now so if you need a great tuner then CHUCK IS YOUR MAN .
Just pull the trigger and give Chuck a call you will be glad you did .Don't rely on a second rate mechanic to tune and advise you on your car ,Chuck does it all and Danny is a great help to your needs in the vett performance area.

Last edited by REDC4CORVETTE; 06-02-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

No i'm not go back to my first post then and tell me what I've done that gave me that increase, i've got the dyno sheet to prove the #'s it was done by Vengeance racing, stock MN6 LS2 is around 345, tell me where my 40 extra HP came from

Get notified of new replies

To How many HP gain with this

Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Chuck Cow tune in mine with headers and varam. Been very happy with it. As far as Dyno Hp I do not know, don't care, it is all about the fun factor. Now if you plan on wide open throttle most of the time down a drag strip I have no experience in that. I can tell you in everyday driving has really made my 06 a lot more fun. Also his automatic tunes are great along with his COW boost that gives a quicker throttle response. I have a LS3 with an auto 6 speed that I am going to put into my 72 vette and I will be having him tune that. Chuck is an electrical engineer so he understands more than some, what his tunes are doing. I was at Sema last year and will in the Edelbrock booth Chuck and their engineers were talking some foreign language, it was obvious they had a long term relation and was very respectful of him. I have witness more than 30 + cars over the years, that Chuck has tuned and they all have been very happy with the results. There is some negative comments out there on the web, when Chuck goes from Town to town and does 12+ tunes in a weekend it upsets local tuners. I can tell you of the tunes around here all have been very happy with the tune. Also I have yet to have heard of someone you has actually got his tune and has had problems or have not been happy with it. I know when he has done tunes here he tells the people if they don't like it he will take the tune back out and charge nothing. Over the years I have come to call Chuck a good friend. Please feel free to PM me on someone who has his tune and known/witness many other tunes.

Below are some vettes getting tuned at my house and they come from surrounding states to get a Chuck tune, I have seen this year after year. I am in Oklahoma.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you VERY MUCH!

No matter where you live in the world, we can tune it for you. Our AutoCal device is

the only way to go for remote tuning. Have a look.

Click HERE for AutoCal information.

Click HERE for CoW BOOSTER! information.

Click HERE for our proven line of CoW CAMS.

Call any time.
914-332-0049

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Your Welcome Chuck cow! I've not got a tune from you, but in my YEARS on the forum I have not anything but good when it comes to your tuning ability.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ptroxx
i got 36 with just a tune..... So it is possible.....
thank you very much!!!

Quick Reply: How many HP gain with this