C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPTIMA Presents How-To Tuesday: Making Your Corvette's Sound System Thump

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:58 PM
NVaughn
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OPTIMA Presents How-To Tuesday: Making Your Corvette's Sound System Thump

We know having a "bangin'" system isn't a priority of most Corvette owners, but who doesn't want their car sounding good both on the outside and inside? Surprisingly there are many options for those of you looking to make a statement on the sound system aspect once you've got the engine where you want it, no doubt.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 06-16-2015, 04:28 PM
DracoDan
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry, but that looks absolutely awful. It looks like a home-made wooden box that was roughly the right size was just laid in the trunk, they even had to add extra pieces of wood on the side to keep it centered. The build quality reminds me of something from high school shop class (even that ay be generous).

What did they do this to anyway? One pic shows a red vert and the other a silver hard top? Sad.

Wait, it gets better! In the how-to the final pic isn't even close to a vette!

Last edited by DracoDan; 06-16-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:42 PM
65 Hardnoks
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

So that guy can build a sett-up like that and then says to tune it by ear??
Where is the oscilloscope? Where are the Autosound 2000 test CD'S ?
Oh, that's right, I forgot this is 2015 and most folk think MP3s are benchmark sound material. So I suppose anybody's ear can tune a system to perfection.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I have never as much as replace a speaker nor head unit.,. on any car that I recall ... and our cars bring the Best SOUND SYSTEM EVer .. oh yeah and if you let off the exhaust enough you can hear the radio too

plus I need the room for other things in my trunk

Get notified of new replies

To OPTIMA Presents How-To Tuesday: Making Your Corvette's Sound System Thump

Quick Reply: OPTIMA Presents How-To Tuesday: Making Your Corvette's Sound System Thump