C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/4 Mile Noob here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 07:50 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Naa, but photobucket essentially stiffing all of us by no longer hosting pictures means that posting pics to forums is now more painful... I’ve noticed a decrease in forum activity... but it could be me. I think it’s safe to say Facebook has taken a chunk out of forums, grabbing more of people’s internet time, and YouTube has also become a pretty good how to place.

I personally really like the forums for tech support plus the personal relationships we all form so I hope they don’t die!
I feel like even though FB and Instagram may have taken a portion of the members away, the guys interested in tech support, fast-lists, and performance part recommendations know the forum still reigns on top. I've never used photobucket myself, seems almost more of a pain. I find it very easy to post a pic here and never had an issue.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:07 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Huncle J
For the manual guys, are you running short throw shifters? If so, which one? Any other upgrades to enable quicker shifts?
I picked up some polyurethane bushings for the shift box but havent installed yet. I find I have to be very patient with stock shifter (2006 with 120k miles)

thanks
Nothing wrong with the stock shifter. But mine doesn't have 120k on it either those new bushings should help a bit.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:02 AM
Huncle J
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
Nothing wrong with the stock shifter. But mine doesn't have 120k on it either those new bushings should help a bit.
thank you. I am still reading/researching. Only had the car for a few months and dont mind the shifter but last 2 cars both had short throws and really liked them. I think part of it is the trans too. I rev match on way down and double clutch going into first to help, but on way up, unless I am really trying to rip thru the gears (very few opportunities on the street) I have to give it a pause (similar to a double clutch but without actaully letting clutch out in neutral).

ps. Deleted my question cause I was gonna do more research, but so much knowledge in this thread, I wanted input. Thanks for nanswering so quick and not giving the standard "search" answer 👍
Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm sure Joe, like myself will be watching and rooting you on.
Then there's Seb ...should be an exciting fall.
The following users liked this post:
rpmextra (09-24-2017)
Old 05-25-2023, 12:38 PM
furious427
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 319 Posts

Great thread with a lot of great information, are you still racing the car rpmextra? I know this thread is very old before anyone yells at me.

Quick Reply: 1/4 Mile Noob here!