C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:53 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Be prepared for check engine lights and reduced power. I had one in my truck for a little over 6 months and 4 time it failed! Thank God I was driving and not my wife with the kids. Last time it failed I had 0 throttle and just barely made it out of traffic. They say it needs to be calibrated every so often to avoid this. I have hear from some corvette buddies that the calibration didn't fix anything. Cant return it because of the length of time I have had it. I guess Ill throw it on ebay or the garbage. Not worth being stranded if you forget to re-calibrate it. This was on my 14 Silverado and a couple buddies C6's.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

You have a one year warranty on your Controller !

Please return it to us, we'll exchange it with a brand new one !
Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports
You have a one year warranty on your Controller !

Please return it to us, we'll exchange it with a brand new one !

That's great. I emailed you from the paypal link for a shipping label.

Do the new ones work better?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:53 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

One of the Best things I've done, bang for the buck it's great. I put it on eco for valet or friends and they say it has no power..then I set it back to
Power and it tries to blow off the tires.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:52 PM
CrazyKZ-777
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by c5wolf
One of the Best things I've done, bang for the buck it's great. I put it on eco for valet or friends and they say it has no power..then I set it back to
Power and it tries to blow off the tires.
What? You let other people drive your Corvette?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by DUMAN
Be prepared for check engine lights and reduced power. I had one in my truck for a little over 6 months and 4 time it failed! Thank God I was driving and not my wife with the kids. Last time it failed I had 0 throttle and just barely made it out of traffic. They say it needs to be calibrated every so often to avoid this. I have hear from some corvette buddies that the calibration didn't fix anything. Cant return it because of the length of time I have had it. I guess Ill throw it on ebay or the garbage. Not worth being stranded if you forget to re-calibrate it. This was on my 14 Silverado and a couple buddies C6's.
Some thing happen to me in my C6 coupe. I was 400 mi,es away and on a twisty road and it went.
Return it. Did want to be stranded 400 miles again and have to get under the dash in the side of the road alone. Glad I had others with me to watch the road.

I hear the new style is better not sure about the reduced power with the new ones.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:39 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Some thing happen to me in my C6 coupe. I was 400 mi,es away and on a twisty road and it went.
Return it. Did want to be stranded 400 miles again and have to get under the dash in the side of the road alone. Glad I had others with me to watch the road.

I hear the new style is better not sure about the reduced power with the new ones.
I had it for right around a month and the car threw the Reduced Power statement and an idiot light. I got home, cleared the codes and re calibrated it. 10 days later it did it again so I parked the car and unplugged it from the throttle pedal. The car didn't go into Reduced Power but I did have to reset the codes when I got home. I sent it back and Vitesse was decent enough to refund my money today for it.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:57 PM
perroloco85
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had it for almost a year.. can't remember, but I have only encounter that Reduce Power thing twice. P code for pedal control positioning something like that. First time I only cleared the codes and went great for about 2 months then it happened again. Second time I recalibrated and I haven't had any problems.. Always driven in SP6.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:41 PM
CrazyKZ-777
Instructor

I always keep mine set at SP9 and love it there. For "grins" I put it on EC5 and I had to look down to make sure the car hadn't stalled out, because the accelerator was so hard to push down and the car wasn't moving very easily. Haha

I can't believe that I actually drove the car like that for 2 years.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:19 PM
trj3
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

No videos???
Old 10-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by trj3
No videos???
What do you need a video of ??

Dave
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 PM
trj3
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Just a comparison of how it works compared to normal. I have a feeling it works like sport mode on the mustangs or bmws.... A huge improvement on those cars. Im thinking of adding MGW, Auto blip and Vitesse......
Old 10-24-2017, 08:00 PM
CrazyKZ-777
Instructor

I love mine, but have been trying to figure out why I keep getting the reduced power mode from time to time. I've had it replaced once, replaced the pedal, now I'm told that it might be the Throttle Position Sensor. Do I waste my time/money on replacing it or is that just the nature of the beast? I am running SP4 now and running good (but not good enough), but hesitant to step on it hard as that's when I threw a code last time. I used to run it on SP9 and it was amazing. I do have a high performance intake filter and a tune, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. Anyone had to replace their TPS?

KZ

Originally Posted by perroloco85
I've had it for almost a year.. can't remember, but I have only encounter that Reduce Power thing twice. P code for pedal control positioning something like that. First time I only cleared the codes and went great for about 2 months then it happened again. Second time I recalibrated and I haven't had any problems.. Always driven in SP6.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:49 PM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyKZ-777
I love mine, but have been trying to figure out why I keep getting the reduced power mode from time to time. I've had it replaced once, replaced the pedal, now I'm told that it might be the Throttle Position Sensor. Do I waste my time/money on replacing it or is that just the nature of the beast? I am running SP4 now and running good (but not good enough), but hesitant to step on it hard as that's when I threw a code last time. I used to run it on SP9 and it was amazing. I do have a high performance intake filter and a tune, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. Anyone had to replace their TPS?

KZ
I initially had it in my camaro for over a year no issues. In fact, I believe I was the first to have it in the corvette world when Ahmed was starting to expand. I've had my controller since 2014 and about a month was when I first got the engine reduced power message. The car went crazy for a couple of days. I did not recalibrated it at all for the whole time until now. My solution was to remove the controller at the pedal and use dielectric grease at both connector. Reconnect everything. Do the same for the Throttle connector. And recalibrated it properly. No issues for the last 1k miles. I supposed is hit or miss in some cases. It is a great unit though and can't beat customer service. Ahmed was very helpful with follow up emails as well as instructions.

Last edited by Jcbarr25; 10-25-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:11 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

what is the "cono" roller at the pedal?

Dave
Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
what is the "cono" roller at the pedal?

Dave
I meant controller. It's correct now
Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Jcbarr25
I initially had it in my camaro for over a year no issues. In fact, I believe I was the first to have it in the corvette world when Ahmed was starting to expand. I've had my controller since 2014 and about a month was when I first got the engine reduced power message. The car went crazy for a couple of days. I did not recalibrated it at all for the whole time until now. My solution was to remove the controller at the pedal and use dielectric grease at both connector. Reconnect everything. Do the same for the Throttle connector. And recalibrated it properly. No issues for the last 1k miles. I supposed is hit or miss in some cases. It is a great unit though and can't beat customer service. Ahmed was very helpful with follow up emails as well as instructions.
Another guy on here said he solved his issues by using dielectric grease too. I've had mine 18 months and have had codes on & off.
I was ready to yank it out over the weekend but I had no problems the entire weekend. (I'm a weekend warrior / bike commuter).

Last edited by Carvin; 10-25-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: format

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 10-25-2017, 03:00 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Please give me a call......

Originally Posted by DUMAN
Please give me a call......

Chuck CoW
Old 11-27-2017, 03:47 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

After reading this thread I pulled the trigger and ordered one. Cant wait to try it out on my 2011 LS3 mn6 car.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C5Natie
After reading this thread I pulled the trigger and ordered one. Cant wait to try it out on my 2011 LS3 mn6 car.
You will not regret your purchase its the best mod out there and Vitesse has great customer service

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 11-27-2017 at 06:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C5Natie (11-27-2017)

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!