C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 04:17 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

No emails, order status or shipping info yet.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:33 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Natie
No emails, order status or shipping info yet.
call them .......
Old 12-01-2017, 06:08 AM
sccaGT1racer
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts

You can get the same results for 0 dollars by using your right foot with no check engine lights.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:22 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by sccaGT1racer
You can get the same results for 0 dollars by using your right foot with no check engine lights.
And if you haven't driven a car with a Vitesse installed, you have no clue. I would have said the same thing, but it makes the car much more enjoyable to drive without the laggy throttle response. It's been at least 2 years since I installed it and no codes for me. Call it a gimmic if you want; it is a cheap mod that adds to the smile on my face every time I drive the car.

Last edited by BadAV; 12-01-2017 at 07:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pilgrim86314 (12-22-2019)
Old 12-01-2017, 07:31 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Originally Posted by CrazyKZ-777
I love mine, but have been trying to figure out why I keep getting the reduced power mode from time to time. I've had it replaced once, replaced the pedal, now I'm told that it might be the Throttle Position Sensor. Do I waste my time/money on replacing it or is that just the nature of the beast? I am running SP4 now and running good (but not good enough), but hesitant to step on it hard as that's when I threw a code last time. I used to run it on SP9 and it was amazing. I do have a high performance intake filter and a tune, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. Anyone had to replace their TPS?

KZ
Real simple way to figure out if the Vitesse has anything to do with it - unplug it and put it back to stock connection, drive it for a reasonable amount of time, and if no codes you found the source of your issue. FWIW, I have been driving on mine for at least 2 years without recalibration and without any issues.

Last edited by BadAV; 12-01-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sccaGT1racer
I second the fact that people that make this statement have no clue .. if this was the case there would be no market for a Vitesse , Sprint booster , Chuck Cow tune or a local tune where they modify the throttle response....

there is no way you can duplicate with your foot what these controllers do , its not about full throttle , its about mid throttle and how the throttle responds to the amount of pedal pressure

there are thousands of these things sold , not just for Corvettes but for Camaro' s CTS' and other cars.

Are there going to be a few that throw a code .... sure nothing in life is perfect ,
is it a problem with the car ?
is it a problem with setup
or is it a problem with the unit itself ?
Who knows .
We get few people who report that they are getting a code and right away everybody says they are Junk

Considering how may are sold , I can assure you that the huge majority install and run fine ....

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-01-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Andy05C6
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Throttle response is slow on the c6, as well as, most other other fly by wire cars. I have added some mods including cam and tune and still think the throttle response could be better.

If this controller worked for the 05 I would have already tried it.

Last edited by Andy05C6; 12-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Chuck CoW (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Im getting ready to re install mine this weekend.my tuner suggest to disconnect while his doing custom remote tune on my setup.Ive had no codes before it was installed with bolt ons and a blower cam.Now Im supercharge with a v7 YSI setup.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:54 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Just crazy.......

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I second the fact that people that make this statement have no clue .. if this was the case there would be no market for a Vitesse , Sprint booster , Chuck Cow tune or a local tune where they modify the throttle response....

there is no way you can duplicate with your foot what these controllers do , its not about full throttle , its about mid throttle and how the throttle responds to the amount of pedal pressure

there are thousands of these things sold , not just for Corvettes but for Camaro' s CTS' and other cars.

Are there going to be a few that throw a code .... sure nothing in life is perfect ,
is it a problem with the car ?
is it a problem with setup
or is it a problem with the unit itself ?
Who knows .
We get few people who report that they are getting a code and right away everybody says they are Junk

Considering how may are sold , I can assure you that the huge majority install and run fine ....

Dave

Hey Dave.... Isn't it just crazy how much I got made fun of for Creating and Offering the CoW BOOSTER! in the beginning.....

And just look at what it's turned into......

You are correct! If you never tried it, you would never understand.

Just crazy..... and hard to believe.

Chuck CoW
Old 12-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Hey Dave.... Isn't it just crazy how much I got made fun of for Creating and Offering the CoW BOOSTER! in the beginning.....

Chuck CoW

Dave
Old 12-06-2017, 09:00 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
I tried it. I had codes and reduced engine power, took it out and no codes since. My right foot does the same thing, I just have to move it a little further. I ended up returning mine. I may be in the minority but I wasn't impressed.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Tell me if this is incorrect, but all this does is make the throttle open at different rates.
You can accomplish the same with your right foot.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Tell me if this is incorrect, but all this does is make the throttle open at different rates.
As I stated in this thread very recently, if you haven't driven a car with a Vitesse installed you have no clue what you are talking about. I was of the same opinion but figured for $100 I could resell it if I didn't like it. It's a mod that adds to the smile on my face every time I drive the car. The drive by wire throttle lag is gone. You cannot get that with your right foot, no matter what you think.

Last edited by BadAV; 12-07-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EuroRod
I have explained how it works many times in previous posts

the current GM throttle programming has what is called REVERSE Exponential programmed into it for one reason or another
What that means is 25 percent of gas pedal travel is only 15% of throttle opening, 50 is 40 75 is 60 and 100 is 100

the Vitesse smooths this curve out and in some cases turns it into a positive expo

25 % = 25% 50% = 50% and so on ....keep turning it up and 25 % becomes 35% , 50% is 65% , 75 is 90 ......

now everybody says they can just push harder and do the same thing are so wrong , no matter what you do u cannot overcome the lag just by pushing harder , with a throttle booster the engine response is instantaneous...
Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-07-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

To add on to what Dave said the Vitesse makes the pedal/throttle relationship more linear (in settings 5-6) and closer to a 1-1 ratio. If you treat the accelerator pedal like a light switch (think Mustang drivers leaving C & C) and go from idle to WOT with no in between then the Vitesse will be of limited value. For the other 99% of the drivers that enjoy the driving experience the Vitesse will only enhance that.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:57 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Installed mine today and let me tell you, mode 9 feels awesome. Thing is my controller doesn't show you your throttle percentage as you drive. I'm guessing the new controller with the **** doesn't display it. It just displays what mode you're in. I want to data log and make sure I get 100% throttle when floored.

By the way, when I calibrated it, for low it showed L0.5 and high (pedal floored) was H2.0
I'm guessing that's the voltage range of the throttle sensor?

Last edited by C5Natie; 12-07-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
To add on to what Dave said the Vitesse makes the pedal/throttle relationship more linear (in settings 5-6) and closer to a 1-1 ratio. If you treat the accelerator pedal like a light switch (think Mustang drivers leaving C & C) and go from idle to WOT with no in between then the Vitesse will be of limited value. For the other 99% of the drivers that enjoy the driving experience the Vitesse will only enhance that.
Agreed and another benefit for A6 owners is, because of this flatting out of this throttle curve the relationship between how much throttle VERSE trans shift points changes

At mid throttle points , the trans will hold each gear longer with the smaller amount of pedal travel making the car that much more responsive ....

So instead of the quick shift we experience out of 1st and 2nd the trans holds the gears longer....

Again you cant do that by pressing the foot to the floor harder or faster at lower throttle inputs

Chucks "Cow Booster" accomplishes the same responsiveness but he achieves these results in a different way that he has perfected over the years

Also my wife's AMG from the factory has 5 different settings , Economy ( that's a laugh in an AMG right ? ) Comfort , Sport , Sport One and Custom , each one of these settings all have a different throttle sensitivity , trans shift points and suspension settings ....

When you switch from ECONO or Comfort to Sport or Sport One believe me you feel it , its the same motor , making the same power with the same trans but the car is a different more responsive performing animal !

Again , if you have not tried it ... don't knock it.....

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 12-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Installed mine today and let me tell you, mode 9 feels awesome. Thing is my controller doesn't show you your throttle percentage as you drive. I'm guessing the new controller with the **** doesn't display it. It just displays what mode you're in. I want to data log and make sure I get 100% throttle when floored.

By the way, when I calibrated it, for low it showed L0.5 and high (pedal floored) was H2.0
I'm guessing that's the voltage range of the throttle sensor?
I have the new **** type and it does display as did my old one when you are driving do you not see an "AXX" where XX is a number , that is the percentage ...

And yes you are correct when you calibrated it the number you are seeing is the reference voltage that is coming out of the pedal sensor

Dave
C5Natie (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I have the new **** type and it does display as did my old one when you are driving do you not see an "AXX" where XX is a number , that is the percentage ...

And yes you are correct when you calibrated it the number you are seeing is the reference voltage that is coming out of the pedal sensor

Dave
You know, I'll look again as I placed it on the dash behind my steering wheel and it's hard to see as I drive. It's definitely working though. Modes 6-9 feel great and definitely what I want in terms of throttle response while driving in canyon roads.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

You know, I'll look again as I placed it on the dash behind my steering wheel and it's hard to see as I drive. It's definitely working though. Modes 6-9 feel great and definitely what I want in terms of throttle response while driving in canyon roads.
yeah , mine is in a hard place to see also ...

you are right the mid throttle response is great, I also use mine at the track , if the grip is good I set it to sp7 , if not I set it down to zero or 1 ....

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-07-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!