C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help! My C6 Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:41 AM
rhoward2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Please Help! My C6 Wont Start

Hello All, Hope someone has had this issue and resolved it. I drive my car frequently and haven't had any issues with it like this. Last Friday I pulled into the garage and parked the car not realizing I left the radar detector on. I drove my truck to and from work the following week. When I got in the car yesterday and hit the button, it turned over rapidly but acted as if it was out of fire or fuel; it would not fire up. I tried again and it turned over but began to drag. That's when I realized I had left the radar detector turned on for a week, and although the car turned over a time or two without cranking I could tell the battery was running down, so I slapped the trickle charger on the battery and took the truck to work. This morning same issue. I hit the button and the engine will turn over strong until it times out. I plugged my OBD code reader in and cycled the starter 3 more times, and I am pulling no codes. Voltage however is at 10.9 - 11.0, so I switched to the large starter and am going out to eat breakfast while it charges. If anyone has had a similar experience and was able to solve it, please chime in. If I get the same results after I am fully charged I will check fuel pressure and spark, but I can't see how those would be a problem as it was running fine when it was parked last Friday. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:30 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

If battery was older and it went down charge wise, it might not accept a full charge again. Time for a new battery.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:54 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

replace the battery. it's toast!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Please Help! My C6 Wont Start

Quick Reply: Please Help! My C6 Wont Start