C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Amber Running Light/Signal Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:22 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Amber Running Light/Signal Out

The front passenger Amber running light does not work (it is supposed to be on all the time). And the turn signal also does not work. It is a dual element bulb. When I turn on the "dusk" light, that amber dusk light works in that bulb. I have replaced the bulb twice and it is not the bulb. It is as if the turn signal bulb element is burnt out, but it's not. Blinks really rapidly on dash.

I don't see a turn signal fuse in the fuse box. Is there another location for this fuse? Anything else I could check?

Appreciate any help here!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 268 Likes on 197 Posts

I remember something like four way emergency flashers on your dash and the signal lights being combined on that one unit. I do not know if that will fix your running lights but i would check and replace the flasher first. It is easy to get out. There were some posts about that here on the forum quite some time ago. Search signal lights or four way flashers. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:41 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I checked the electrical schematics, and only 1 fuse feeds both left and right sides, so you can rule the fuse out, which you already did.

It's possible that the connector has corrosion, or the RH turn signal wire (Dark Blue/white) is not making good contact or bad. The park light wire (Brown) must be OK, since you can get that to go on.

All the lights are controlled through the BCM, via the turn signal multi function switch on the steering column, so changes are that's Ok since you have 99% of the lights working OK.

You can check for power on that blue/white wire when you have the connector off. Maybe even check the black ground wire to make sure it's OK. It's on top of the right frame rail for the passenger side.

Hopefully you can fix the issue.
Good luck
Old 12-16-2015, 06:31 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
I checked the electrical schematics, and only 1 fuse feeds both left and right sides, so you can rule the fuse out, which you already did.

It's possible that the connector has corrosion, or the RH turn signal wire (Dark Blue/white) is not making good contact or bad. The park light wire (Brown) must be OK, since you can get that to go on.

All the lights are controlled through the BCM, via the turn signal multi function switch on the steering column, so changes are that's Ok since you have 99% of the lights working OK.

You can check for power on that blue/white wire when you have the connector off. Maybe even check the black ground wire to make sure it's OK. It's on top of the right frame rail for the passenger side.

Hopefully you can fix the issue.
Good luck
There is no current to the running light side of the socket. Traced the wires back as far as possible, no current.

Get notified of new replies

To Front Amber Running Light/Signal Out

Quick Reply: Front Amber Running Light/Signal Out