C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD - HIGH HP - RACE Intake Runners & Intake Manifolds (GM LS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD - HIGH HP - RACE Intake Runners & Intake Manifolds (GM LS)

NOTICE
COLORADOSPEED has been a member of Corvette Forum since 2004. As of March 2018, COLORADOSPEED will cease to advertise on Corvette Forum and pursue other social media avenues of advertising elsewhere. I would like to thank everyone who has supported us since 2004 on Corvette Forum. For sales specials, new products, other stuff, etc., you may still connect with us at the following links:

facebook groups (buy, sell and trade your new and used car parts here)

facebook page

Google+ page

instagram page

twitter page

Thank you.

COOL ARTICLE >> FAST’s interchangeable runners push horsepower ceiling << COOL ARTICLE

Two new state-of-the-art runner sets build upon our patented removable runner design. LSXR 102mm Intake Manifolds from FAST now have the capability to shift torque and horsepower gains to a higher RPM than the original version, making them the most flexible options on the market.

High HP and Race versions are now available. These manifolds and complementing runners are designed specifically for LS3, L99, L76 and L92* engines that are built for high-performance applications. The High HP Runner Set is based on Daytona Prototype intakes and utilizes newly designed runners. They are shorter and straighter than previous market offerings, specifically to improve high-RPM horsepower and torque in vehicles with added performance modifications. The High HP version has been proven to make 20+ additional horsepower over the original LSXR manifold with a 500-1000 RPM shift up in peak horsepower on LS3 performance engines. The Race Runner Set features a short and straight runner design that rivals aluminum four-barrel intakes for horsepower potential. This manifold setup utilizes a race runner engineered for all-out high-RPM performance. It is ideal for vehicles with serious performance modifications and race converters. The Race version provides a 35+ horsepower gain with a 500-1000 RPM upward shift in peak horsepower for all-out race vehicles.

The runners are interchangeable and available in kits so manifolds may be configured as the original LSXR with standard street runners, or the new High HP or Race models. FAST LSXR Intake Manifolds are available in a popular black finish and are compatible with all FAST Big Mouth Throttle Bodies and fuel rails.

*L92 requires engine accessory modifications.

Standard runners can be used w/ stock or mild vehicles; High HP & Race runners are shorter & straighter than conventional to improve high-RPM HP & torque

High HP option makes 20+ HP over original LSXR manifolds, Race setup makes 35+ HP

Interchangeable runners allow manifold to be configured as original, High HP or Race

FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD Intake Manifold (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm HIGH HP Intake Manifold (GM LS3)

FAST LSXR 102mm HIGH HP Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm RACE Intake Manifold (GM LS3)

FAST LSXR 102mm RACE Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

If you have any other questions, please e-mail or call us as we do not frequent CORVETTE FORUM and may not answer any posts in a timely manner.

PLEASE LIKE OUR facebook PAGE TO KEEP UP ON NEW PERFORMANCE PARTS ANNOUNCEMENTS AND SALES

BUY, SELL & TRADE PARTS HERE
LSX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
C5 CORVETTE PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
C6 CORVETTE PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
LTX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
C7 CORVETTE PARTS BUY SELL TRADE

LSX & LTX TECH SUPPORT HERE
LSX TECH SUPPORT
LTX TECH SUPPORT
LSX | LTX TUNING TECH SUPPORT

www.COLORADOSPEED.com

E-mail | facebook

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-05-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I'd love to see if this High horsepower version of the FAST would work correctly on my small cammed 500 horsepower LS3. It's already proven that the standard one doesn't do much at all.
How about a third party Dyno comparison? I'll do it for some parts.

Last edited by Suns_PSD; 05-27-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:34 AM
jesse82nc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
I'd love to see if this High horsepower version of the FAST would work correctly on my small cammed 500 horsepower LS3. It's already proven that the standard one doesn't do much at all.
How about a third party Dyno comparison? I'll do it for some parts.
I'm in the same boat. Until I see a real 3rd party dyno of this on a vette, I can't really justify the costs. In the video, the power is mostly lost on the Race one below 7000 rpm. It's very rare that any LS3 would see over 7000 rpm.

If I had a set of race and high hp ones, I would do some back to back testing against my current standard ones. My LS3 is already making 540 rwhp / 510 rwtq all motor. I have a friend with a dyno even and I am sure I can get some time on there as he would like to see the results as well. I just have a hard time dropping $650+ for both sets to do the testing.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:49 PM
BLWNGTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to your site but it says the race runner versions and High HP versions are unavailable
Old 06-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jesse82nc
I'm in the same boat. Until I see a real 3rd party dyno of this on a vette, I can't really justify the costs. In the video, the power is mostly lost on the Race one below 7000 rpm. It's very rare that any LS3 would see over 7000 rpm.

If I had a set of race and high hp ones, I would do some back to back testing against my current standard ones. My LS3 is already making 540 rwhp / 510 rwtq all motor. I have a friend with a dyno even and I am sure I can get some time on there as he would like to see the results as well. I just have a hard time dropping $650+ for both sets to do the testing.
I wouldn't bother with the race version.

How the heck do you make 540 rwhp on an LS3? Are you the guy with the 13.5 compression on E85 only? That seems really high.

I think you have enough money in your engine that you should test the high hp version. If you don't like the results just sell it before posting the results and you won't lose but $250 or something.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM
jesse82nc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I wouldn't bother with the race version.

How the heck do you make 540 rwhp on an LS3? Are you the guy with the 13.5 compression on E85 only? That seems really high.

I think you have enough money in your engine that you should test the high hp version. If you don't like the results just sell it before posting the results and you won't lose but $250 or something.
It's at 12.25:1 currently. Stock heads. When I get some Trick Flows later this year I plan to bump that up to about 13:1. Should be pretty close to 575-600 rwhp all motor. Check out my build thread in my sig for more details.

I wouldn't buy these runners until someone shows a proven gain on a dyno back to back at under 7000 rpm.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:46 PM
jesse82nc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZR1BAIT
No complaints so far from those who have purchased these runners and we didn't have to give out free sets for "testing".
Any real world dyno numbers from anyone who purchased these runners then?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Colorado Speed, I sent an email out about 2 weeks ago requesting pricing on the Hi-HP version to you guys using the link, but never received a reply.

Could I get a quote sent to TX? Repeat customer here!

Thanks
Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZR1BAIT
You have never bought anything from us. All you did was request a quote for an exhaust and we never heard back from you.

The pricing for what is available is in the first post.
Pretty positive I purchased a new Vararam from you in August-November of 2015.

Yes, you were $160ish higher than RDP on the Corsa exhaust. I'm not a real stickler on price but that was enough to care.

I'll also add that I see where you can buy just the High HP runners for something like $323 but when I click on the link for a new FAST that includes the High HP runners I do no see a price.

Good luck!

Last edited by Suns_PSD; 06-23-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:34 PM
KW Baraka
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I wouldn't bother with the race version.....
Same here.

FAST released test results on these runners and the race runners didn't really shine until real close to 7000 RPMs.

Not really suitable for everyday street driving. Well....they ARE "race", afterall.....

KW
Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by COSPEED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JefPmND3_Cs&AID=3236

COOL ARTICLE >> FAST’s interchangeable runners push horsepower ceiling << COOL ARTICLE

Two new state-of-the-art runner sets build upon our patented removable runner design. LSXR 102mm Intake Manifolds from FAST now have the capability to shift torque and horsepower gains to a higher RPM than the original version, making them the most flexible options on the market.

High HP and Race versions are now available. These manifolds and complementing runners are designed specifically for LS3, L99, L76 and L92* engines that are built for high-performance applications. The High HP Runner Set is based on Daytona Prototype intakes and utilizes newly designed runners. They are shorter and straighter than previous market offerings, specifically to improve high-RPM horsepower and torque in vehicles with added performance modifications. The High HP version has been proven to make 20+ additional horsepower over the original LSXR manifold with a 500-1000 RPM shift up in peak horsepower on LS3 performance engines. The Race Runner Set features a short and straight runner design that rivals aluminum four-barrel intakes for horsepower potential. This manifold setup utilizes a race runner engineered for all-out high-RPM performance. It is ideal for vehicles with serious performance modifications and race converters. The Race version provides a 35+ horsepower gain with a 500-1000 RPM upward shift in peak horsepower for all-out race vehicles.

The runners are interchangeable and available in kits so manifolds may be configured as the original LSXR with standard street runners, or the new High HP or Race models. FAST LSXR Intake Manifolds are available in a popular black finish and are compatible with all FAST Big Mouth Throttle Bodies and fuel rails.

*L92 requires engine accessory modifications.

Standard runners can be used w/ stock or mild vehicles; High HP & Race runners are shorter & straighter than conventional to improve high-RPM HP & torque

High HP option makes 20+ HP over original LSXR manifolds, Race setup makes 35+ HP

Interchangeable runners allow manifold to be configured as original, High HP or Race

FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD Intake Manifold (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm HIGH HP Intake Manifold (GM LS3)

FAST LSXR 102mm HIGH HP Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

FAST LSXR 102mm RACE Intake Manifold (GM LS3)

FAST LSXR 102mm RACE Intake Runners (GM LS3) - CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

If you have any other questions, please e-mail or call us as we do not frequent CORVETTE FORUM and may not answer any posts in a timely manner.

PLEASE LIKE OUR facebook PAGE TO KEEP UP ON NEW PERFORMANCE PARTS ANNOUNCEMENTS AND SALES

LSX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
LTX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE

LSX TECH SUPPORT
LTX TECH SUPPORT

www.coloradoSPEED.com

E-mail | facebook | QUICKESTLSX | QUICKESTLTX
Why is it that FAST has not tested the intake with the short RACE runners on a high HP LS3 race engine??
I have a TPIS built 416 12.4:1 CR solid roller cam, 380 SCFM @ .700" heads, 650 HP at 6500 RPM engine in my track/street Corvette. I am using a ported LS3 intake & TB.
This same engine with a sheet metal TPIS intake will make near 740 HP at 6900 RPM. I would use the TPIS intake if it fit under the hood of a C6 Corvette. About 80 SCFM more air flow is needed on my engine to duplicate the HP . I know this because I have the dyno test data from both engines being tested with both intakes showing air flow .
Do you have any air flow data for the intake using RACE runners?
Old 09-13-2016, 09:45 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I do not know. You can call them.
I have called and they sent me a test video that they seemed very proud of where they tested the new runners on a stock block LS3 with a cam that would allow the engine to rev to >9000 RPM and it showed that it produced more HP above 7000 RPM. Mind you , stock crank, heads & pistons. I asked how long did they expect this crazy engine to last. If you install a cam that will let the engine rev to 9000 rpm it will make hp .

I know that FAST must be smarter then that.
Is it possible that my BER ported LS3 intake that makes 650 HP on my 416 CI TPiS engine is still the best intake solution for a Race LS3?

LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM FAST:
Last week FAST sent me info on a user of the RACE runner intake being used on a real drag race LS3 that also used nitrous . No NA HP numbers for the engine. I would expect a race LS3 with a 200-300 HP shot of nitrous to make HP with any intake manifold . FAST was very proud of this information that they were providing .

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 09-25-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jesse82nc
It's at 12.25:1 currently. Stock heads. When I get some Trick Flows later this year I plan to bump that up to about 13:1. Should be pretty close to 575-600 rwhp all motor. Check out my build thread in my sig for more details.

I wouldn't buy these runners until someone shows a proven gain on a dyno back to back at under 7000 rpm.
It sounds like you are in the same arena as I am with your LS3.I have WCCH stage 3 heads and I am at 12.4:1 CR in my TPiS 416 CI 650 engine HP engine

I will check out your build thread.
Last week after much research I ordered a FAST LSXR with High HP runners.
Some of my research included flow tests by WCCH showing that the LS3 intake has its limits far below the Stage 3 heads flow of 380 SCFM at .700" lift. I also found test by RPM Motors one other head porter that showed that the FAST LSXR used with their ported LS3 heads would flow 370.5 SCFM.
I ordered the intake and 102mm NW TB from WCCH who agreed to port match and clean up the runners to match their heads.
It will be a few weeks before I get it all together and get a chance to dyno tune the new combination .
I found this old thread by RPM Motors that shows flow test results of the long runner LSXR.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...w-results.html

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 11-12-2016 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added link to RPM Thread
Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 PM
ChrisUlrich
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone seen any numbers for before/after with this intake? LS3 vs the "middle length" or "high hp" FAST 102mm intake?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:28 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Unfortunately, finding this from end users will be hard although there are some out there.

Obviously everyone has been happy so far. The only time you'll definitely see "proof in the pudding" is when a user claims the intake runners are worthless and "they just wasted their money". Then you'll see dyno numbers, screen shots, quotes from their "builder" or "tuner". Anything to prove their point to make the product look bad. Because that is how the world works.

LSX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE
LTX PARTS BUY SELL TRADE

LSX TECH SUPPORT
LTX TECH SUPPORT

www.COLORADOSPEED.com

E-mail | facebook | driveCORVETTE

I will be doing a dyno tune in a few weeks on my LS3 with the new FAST intake. I am waiting for the snow to melt so that I can get my trailer out of the snow bank so that I will be able to haul the car to the dyno shop .
I have a feeling from the research that I have done that the intake will be able to pass more air flow then my ported OEM LS3 intake at the upper end of the RPM range.
In other words, in my opinion if your LS3 engine with >416 ci has heads, cam, exhaust and injectors sized to make higher then 600 HP the new High HP runners in the FAST LSXR intake will make more HP then the OEM intake. If you have an LS3 that is only capable of 550 HP stick with the ported OEM LS3 intake.

I could not wait any longer to drive the car after the new FAST with High HP runners installation . I have no numbers to offer as of 2/23/2017 but I am very happy with the seat of the pants test I just did on the road. I did not feel any low RPM power loss that I was expecting compared to my ported LS3 intake and WOT was unbelievable. One thing that I would like to add to this discussion is what mods were made to the FAST High HP runners before I installed the manifold . First I had WCCH port match the runners to my WCCH stage 3 heads. The other thing that I did was I removed the bracket that was molded into the bottom side of each runner. I asked FAST what it was for and they could not tell me. They did say that it was OK to remove to add more air volume to the plenum. The photos in the Colorado Speed post does not show the High HP runners with the molded in bracket . The photo that I found in one of the FAST test videos that I attached does show the bracket. FAST should just remove it.
Attached Images  

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 02-23-2017 at 05:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisUlrich (02-23-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel like there's and unrepresented market with current FAST owners. I'm making over 600rwhp through a FAST 90 (ported) but like all of us am always looking to get just a little more.

When will vendors do a A-B for those like me. The money is just sitting there waiting to be spent.
The following users liked this post:
HC Mechanic (12-16-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:15 PM
ChrisUlrich
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
I will be doing a dyno tune in a few weeks on my LS3 with the new FAST intake. I am waiting for the snow to melt so that I can get my trailer out of the snow bank so that I will be able to haul the car to the dyno shop .
I have a feeling from the research that I have done that the intake will be able to pass more air flow then my ported OEM LS3 intake at the upper end of the RPM range.
In other words, in my opinion if your LS3 engine with >416 ci has heads, cam, exhaust and injectors sized to make higher then 600 HP the new High HP runners in the FAST LSXR intake will make more HP then the OEM intake. If you have an LS3 that is only capable of 550 HP stick with the ported OEM LS3 intake.

I could not wait any longer to drive the car after the new FAST with High HP runners installation . I have no numbers to offer as of 2/23/2017 but I am very happy with the seat of the pants test I just did on the road. I did not feel any low RPM power loss that I was expecting compared to my ported LS3 intake and WOT was unbelievable. One thing that I would like to add to this discussion is what mods were made to the FAST High HP runners before I installed the manifold . First I had WCCH port match the runners to my WCCH stage 3 heads. The other thing that I did was I removed the bracket that was molded into the bottom side of each runner. I asked FAST what it was for and they could not tell me. They did say that it was OK to remove to add more air volume to the plenum. The photos in the Colorado Speed post does not show the High HP runners with the molded in bracket . The photo that I found in one of the FAST test videos that I attached does show the bracket. FAST should just remove it.
So no numbers to back up you're feeling... but you feel pretty confident the increase of power up top?

I know you're motor is way crazier than my stock head, cam only LS3. But I imagine I would still benefit from that!

Get notified of new replies

To FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD - HIGH HP - RACE Intake Runners & Intake Manifolds (GM LS)

Old 02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
So no numbers to back up you're feeling... but you feel pretty confident the increase of power up top?

I know you're motor is way crazier than my stock head, cam only LS3. But I imagine I would still benefit from that!
Stock heads with cam only , just have your intake ported by BER.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:00 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
Stock heads with cam only , just have your intake ported by BER.
Correction, Gwatney..
Old 12-16-2017, 12:18 PM
HC Mechanic
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you have any dyno comparisions between the 3 stack lengths?

Quick Reply: FAST LSXR 102mm STANDARD - HIGH HP - RACE Intake Runners & Intake Manifolds (GM LS)