C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lloyds mats post type plastic fastener cracked

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 11:03 AM
fred_S
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lloyds mats post type plastic fastener cracked

(Please excuse me English, I'm Dutch)

The 2 sets of Lloyds mats for my 2005 C6 are in like new condition. The only problem I have with the mats is the plastic thingy underneath the mats that pops over the post on the floor. Because of its age, perhaps the poor quality of the plastic, who knows, the thingy becomes brittle and starts to disintegrate. Because of that the mats are not secured to the floor any more.

I emailed Lloyds three times to ask for a solution for the brittle plastic thingys, they read my emails, but did not bother to respond.

Great mats, no customer service

Any ideas on how to fasten my mats again, perhaps find replacement plastic part for the Lloyds mats ?

Fred
Old 05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by fred_S
(Please excuse me English, I'm Dutch)

The 2 sets of Lloyds mats for my 2005 C6 are in like new condition. The only problem I have with the mats is the plastic thingy underneath the mats that pops over the post on the floor. Because of its age, perhaps the poor quality of the plastic, who knows, the thingy becomes brittle and starts to disintegrate. Because of that the mats are not secured to the floor any more.

I emailed Lloyds three times to ask for a solution for the brittle plastic thingys, they read my emails, but did not bother to respond.

Great mats, no customer service

Any ideas on how to fasten my mats again, perhaps find replacement plastic part for the Lloyds mats ?

Fred
Sorry to hear that happening. I take it that your speaking about the white plastic with the hole with slits around the cutout.
If that is the case, I would find plastic with the same thickness (snow carpet for sliding) or (clear carpet protector) cut it out to the same dimensions, and either glue it to the other, or better yet staple it with HD staples or zip tie it to the existing part.

Good Luck

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 05-28-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:02 PM
fred_S
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
Sorry to hear that happening. I take it that your speaking about the white plastic with the hole with slits around the cutout.
If that is the case, I would find plastic with the same thickness (snow carpet for sliding) or (clear carpet protector) cut it out to the same dimensions, and either glue it to the other, or better yet staple it with HD staples or zip tie it to the existing part.

Good Luck
Yes that is the part I'm talking about, it's becoming very brittle and pieces snap off.

Get notified of new replies

To Lloyds mats post type plastic fastener cracked

Quick Reply: Lloyds mats post type plastic fastener cracked