C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gemlin in my speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 PM
07street
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gemlin in my speakers

Hoping someone on here can help me with an issue that started up today while we were out in our new to us C6. There is a buzzing noise in driver side door speaker and everytime you push any button on the information center (DIC) or turn the radio on or off and when you turn the volume all the way down the dash speaker pops. We turned the radio off and while driving down the road the speaker would pop for no reason. Another thing we noticed when we got home and parked the car when i opened the door to get out i noticed the door speaker was making a buzzing noise and after i shut the door and the power turned off the speaker popped yet again
Pls any information is appreciated

Last edited by 07street; 05-30-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:57 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by 07street
Hoping someone on here can help me with an issue that started up today while we were out in our new to us C6. There is a buzzing noise in driver side door speaker and everytime you push any button on the information center (DIC) or turn the radio on or off and when you turn the volume all the way down the dash speaker pops. We turned the radio off and while driving down the road the speaker would pop for no reason. Another thing we noticed when we got home and parked the car when i opened the door to get out i noticed the door speaker was making a buzzing noise and after i shut the door and the power turned off the speaker popped yet again
Pls any information is appreciated
Hi 07street,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this speaker concern in your new Corvette. If you would like to have this looked at by your dealer, I would be happy to assist in facilitating a service appointment. Please send a private message if you’re interested.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Sounds like a wiring issue in the door. Does moving the window up and down affect the speaker's behavior?

Get notified of new replies

To Gemlin in my speakers

Quick Reply: Gemlin in my speakers