C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting early on my 07 Theft recovery project...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 02:36 PM
vigman
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

cclive,
Thanks Dealer is 13 bucks, my locksmith 20 bucks BUT the papers will not be here till Wed ( insert string of underbreath cursing ).. So great info about the fob THANKS ! Ihave the fob programming already bookmarked & printed for a TODAY attempt.. starting with the short ( #3 ) fob THEN doing the long....

Mike
Old 08-29-2016, 06:26 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by vigman
cclive,
Thanks Dealer is 13 bucks, my locksmith 20 bucks BUT the papers will not be here till Wed ( insert string of underbreath cursing ).. So great info about the fob THANKS ! Ihave the fob programming already bookmarked & printed for a TODAY attempt.. starting with the short ( #3 ) fob THEN doing the long....

Mike
Start with the test of the glovebox slot.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:11 PM
vigman
Instructor

Locksmith FAIL...But I did get a new set of keys for my Vulcan Nomad, that NOW work the fork & helmet locks! Oh well DEALER tomorrow...
On the list of got that:
Pre cats
4 OE rims, TPMS & rubber
Wiper arms
I just though of something..... I can only do the LONG programming since I do not have a working FOB....
AND
I assume windows down is not an electrical "TRIGGER" but just a don't lock yourself out saftey...
I do not have window control... but my glass is smashed !

Last edited by vigman; 08-29-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:48 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Locksmith FAIL...But I did get a new set of keys for my Vulcan Nomad, that NOW work the fork & helmet locks! Oh well DEALER tomorrow...
On the list of got that:
Pre cats
4 OE rims, TPMS & rubber
Wiper arms
I just though of something..... I can only do the LONG programming since I do not have a working FOB....
AND
I assume windows down is not an electrical "TRIGGER" but just a don't lock yourself out saftey...
I do not have window control... but my glass is smashed !
Sheesh...hope the dealer works out better. Yes, long procedure is the only one you can do...but still check the slot first. And yes, window down was because people who had set the autolock were being locked out sometimes. I'm not an autolock guy so at first, that didn't occur to me.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:37 PM
vigman
Instructor

Default SO I have NO IDEA how the BCM is programmed….

As far as it's options go.. I'm a bit confused that the car lets me open the doors NORMALLY San's fob so I would ASSUME Auto lock is not armed..
The Dealer might be a bit interesting carrying in my FOLDER of paperwork… I can't wait to hear the phrase " I'll have to get my manager involved"…..
Fed Ex SHOULD drop it off ~ 10:30am
Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Any official paperwork that says you are the owner and the VIN should do it. People have gotten them done with just an insurance card. You're locked out, the car is at home and here's the title...done and done. No need to mention anything more and complicate things.

Last edited by cclive; 08-29-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

The good news is, by the time you're done with this project, you'll be on a first name basis with your dealer parts person. He'll probably not ask for paperwork in the future.

You mentioned service manuals earlier, not sure if you found them yet. Here is a link someone posted on a CTSV forum awhile back. It is the electronic version of GM service info. It is an old version & only goes to 2005, but in some cases it may help you out. Pretty easy to use & a wealth of information (it should be, it's what the dealer techs use daily).

If you need help navigating it, or need more current info just ask.

http://fbdylvr.thruhere.net:9001/servlets/Home
Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 PM
vigman
Instructor

The daily DERP.. or maybe I didn't think this through....
This morning Ritchie calls with some technical questions, but states he has a 9:30 appt, which turns out he is meeting one of his X mechanics from the shop for Breakfast @ EGG Plantation ....
So I'm hungry and bolt out the door.. a great breakfast was had...
BUT I remembered Fed Ex was dropping off the Vette paperwork...
I didn't THINK it would be signature required ! DDDEEEERRRRRPPPP.. So another day & PLAN shot to ****...
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 AM
vigman
Instructor

ENGINE PURCHASED 102K with EVERYTHING I NEED ( including all hardware ). From an E bay seller I have worked with MANY TIMES.... Feeling great ! ( well except that BROKE AS A JOKE NOW feeling ) .....Today rims & tires delivering 8:30 AM... Then wait on Fed Ex ( again ) Off to the dealer for MASTER KEY and off to my welder to fix one of his rigs.....This weekend, when the ext temps will be UNDER 100.. attack of the brakes !
Old 08-31-2016, 12:09 PM
cclive
Team Owner

ENGINE PURCHASED 102K with EVERYTHING I NEED ( including all hardware ). From an E bay seller I have worked with MANY TIMES.... Feeling great ! ( well except that BROKE AS A JOKE NOW feeling ) .....Today rims & tires delivering 8:30 AM... Then wait on Fed Ex ( again ) Off to the dealer for MASTER KEY and off to my welder to fix one of his rigs.....This weekend, when the ext temps will be UNDER 100.. attack of the brakes !
Check your PM inbox
Old 08-31-2016, 12:24 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Bam.....
TAIL lamps work license plate lamps& side marker.. but not stop lights.
All interior lights inc door switch backlights & center console.
No headlights or turns...

I assume SOME of this might come alive once I get the fob action happening...

Seat belts... MIA....

More later

Mike
correct about transmission control module being inside transmission.bought 2006 3 book set new factory manuals last week for $290. saw used on Amazon for $550. as they are no longer available from GM.know of another new set that they are asking $389. for

Last edited by irok; 08-31-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:50 PM
vigman
Instructor

4 words FINALLY GOT MY PAPERS ........
Tomorrow afternoon... go to dealer
Rims / Tires are in da house
More brake stuff arrived..
All I need now are the 2 rear brake hoses... to complete all 4 corners...
Pooped out... long day...
Old 09-01-2016, 05:10 PM
vigman
Instructor

Default I am the key master

and YES it fits AND works !

Tonight PROGRAMMING....
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:12 PM
vigman
Instructor

Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 AM
vigman
Instructor

Ok complete FAIL... 1 fob in the house,battery charged 100%
11) Drivers window down ( easy my glass is broken ) Car off CHECK.
12) Press button on dash, trunk pops. CHECK.
13 ) Open glove box CHECK.
14) Only FOB still in the house CHECK.
15) Put key in trunk, turn 5 times under 5 seconds CHECK.
and NADA on DIC.. No BEEP ZIP ZILCH BUPKIS...

SO theories
1) Engine harness & ECU are out of the car.. maybe ALL computers need to be ONLINE.
or something is not getting power since that engine harness plug is OUT of the underhood fuse panel.

2) MAYBE since the ONSTAR electronics is another thing on the MIA list we have an additional air gap...

SO waiting on info... and thinking bout this....
DRAT

2)
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

http://fbdylvr.thruhere.net:9001/ser...ration&SITno=3
The following users liked this post:
vigman (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
vigman
Instructor

Morning reading....

Get notified of new replies

To Starting early on my 07 Theft recovery project...

Old 09-02-2016, 09:52 AM
vigman
Instructor

JFT69z Well that was a brain full, what I got out of it was a functional overview....
http://fbdylvr.thruhere.net:9001/ser...bid=865&evc=sm
Here it shows the 4 ( I ASSUME ) main elements of the theft system...
BCM
ECM
DASH CLUSTER
Remote control door lock reciever

BUT

The GMLAN wants to talk to ALL THIS

The body control module (BCM)
The communication interface module (OnStar®) ( MIA )
The electronic suspension control (ESC) module
The transmission control module (TCM)
The electronic brake control module (EBCM)
The engine control module (ECM) ( MIA )

In other reading it mentions a " security seed "... I take it that is ALL MODULES are not present.... it's going to be UNHAPPY..

So this has just added more questions...
1) I cannot see where the rear key switch interfaces with the BCM.. so I do not KNOW, the BCM is "seeing" the 5 key switch closures in 5 sec.

2) I ASSUME the BCM is there since I can get milage in the dash ( or that might be stored in the cluster ) .. The doors do unlatch via the exterior handles and the trunk & gas door pop from the dash. and I get the NO FOB detected message.

So on the hunt for more info.. AND maybe a useful ( to some level ) would be the CHINA Tech-2 clone, which I understand will NOT do programming but will scan and will give me a bit MORE info....
Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 AM
vigman
Instructor

HAHAHAHAA What the hell is the UBEC? I was considering pulling back the cut end ( THE PART HEADING OVER TO THE ACTUAL ENGINE, BUT ALL THE OTHER INTERCONNECT IS 100% ) of the engine harness and taping off any RAW power lookin wires and anything else that MIGHT be a problem and re try with the ECM just laid in the engine bay.... as a WILD *** GUESS.

Today the new ( er ) nose arrives ( 8:30AM PST ) .. and I need to re position the car for better access to the pass side.. and start on the brakes... for 2 reasons.. 1) I HAVE ALL THE STUFF 2) I need the space on the workbench back....PLUS I CAN GO TO THE TIRE STORE and DUMP these HORRIBLE " rollers "....

Last edited by vigman; 09-02-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:29 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Lot of things are tied together on the bus. When you said the ECM was missing right now & wires unplugged at the UBEC it was a good clue.

Lot of good info in that GM service info, including the theory of operation on most of the systems. I tend to start there if unfamiliar with something as it always leads you to unexpected things that figure into the equation.

Keep in mind that link only goes to 2005. Every now & then you may run across things that may have changed on your 2007 in the information system.

A good cheap alternative to getting the paper manuals is either signing up straight to AC Delco SI updated service info (payment plans vary), or Alldata DIY for something like 15-20 bucks a year. For the most part, they scan all of the GM data. Unfortunately, I have found they sometimes miss or don't include some very important stuff that's only found in the actual GM version.

Quick Reply: Starting early on my 07 Theft recovery project...