C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting front ride height leaf and A arm married?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 12:40 AM
Blk Beauty
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjusting front ride height leaf and A arm married?

Ive tried a few ways, using a coke bottle jack on the leaf spring just seems to raise the car and not separate the two. Pry bar? What needs to happen? This is on the front end.

thanks
Old 04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Jack the car up and then (while in the air) use a bottle jack under the leaf. It will only take a few pumps to separate the adj pad from the lower arm. Use a block of wood between the jack and spring so you don't crack it.

Last edited by Curt D; 04-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Blk Beauty
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I had the front on jack stands with the wheels off, the two would not separate. Whole car was rasing. I hit it with some pb blaster last night and going to give it another go today.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:45 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk Beauty
Thanks. I had the front on jack stands with the wheels off, the two would not separate. Whole car was rasing. I hit it with some pb blaster last night and going to give it another go today.
You can place a pry bar between the a arm and the spring and lift the spring easily. Then crank on the adjusting bolt.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk Beauty
You may not get it loose. I tried to lower my car when I bought it a year ago, but ended up bending my wrench trying to break the bolt loose, and this was after several days of soaking the bolts. I took the car to a local speed shop, and they ended up bending their wrench as well. In the end I had to purchase two new springs (at the cost of $1500 installed for new Z51 springs) and have them installed in order to get the car lowered.
The following users liked this post:
Robert Arnt (03-16-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Adjusting front ride height leaf and A arm married?

Quick Reply: Adjusting front ride height leaf and A arm married?