C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56/TR6060 rebuilder in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 PM
smonska
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T56/TR6060 rebuilder in New England?

Looking for a shop to fix my TR6060 in drivable distance from Western MA/Hartford area.

Have a bad whine in 1st through 3rd, slight whine in 4th-6th and neutral in my 2010 Grand Sport. Really don't want to ship the transmission, and also want to take it to someone who knows the trans and can get it properly set up for lots of HPDE use.

Thanks for any leads!

Last edited by smonska; 05-23-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:10 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,

I know we arent local but we ship all over the world. We would be happy to take a look at your transmission for you. We are very familiar with the TR6060 transmissions and Corvettes in general.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your trans is going to need an input shaft and counter shaft. Has the car had the engine or radiator removed before? Normally if the car isnt making a lot of power the culprit is low fluid level. When the C6 Z06s were new and people were having engines replaced under warranty the dealer would not top off the transmission and that would burn up the transmission once the customer got the car back.

If you are interested in shipping it we could get it repaired and sent back to you quickly.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

How far is driving distance?
Old 05-25-2017, 04:03 AM
smonska
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Hi,

I know we arent local but we ship all over the world. We would be happy to take a look at your transmission for you. We are very familiar with the TR6060 transmissions and Corvettes in general.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your trans is going to need an input shaft and counter shaft. Has the car had the engine or radiator removed before? Normally if the car isnt making a lot of power the culprit is low fluid level. When the C6 Z06s were new and people were having engines replaced under warranty the dealer would not top off the transmission and that would burn up the transmission once the customer got the car back.

If you are interested in shipping it we could get it repaired and sent back to you quickly.

Thanks!
Do you guys have any MZ6 Grand Sport trans (2.97 1st, 0.57 6th, with trans and dif cooler) in stock to ship, or do I have to ship you mine to rebuild? Thanks!

Never been apart, in fact I checked the trans fluid level about a month ago. The car has seen many track days with sustained lateral G's though, I have been reading cars without a "sprayer" for the head gear and cluster are susceptible to this and frying 3rd gear on road courses?
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 AM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smonska
Do you guys have any MZ6 Grand Sport trans (2.97 1st, 0.57 6th, with trans and dif cooler) in stock to ship, or do I have to ship you mine to rebuild? Thanks!

Never been apart, in fact I checked the trans fluid level about a month ago. The car has seen many track days with sustained lateral G's though, I have been reading cars without a "sprayer" for the head gear and cluster are susceptible to this and frying 3rd gear on road courses?
Since your trans is whining I'd need to have yours. A whining transmission usually isn't a good core for a core exchange. We can build yours and turn it around in just a few days. Your trans has a fluid sprayer from the factory on 4th gear. We can add a fitting on 3rd gear for fluid return as well. You will have to add some -6 AN lines to run that setup as well.

Get notified of new replies

To T56/TR6060 rebuilder in New England?

Quick Reply: T56/TR6060 rebuilder in New England?