C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will they FIT???/WILWOOD BBK

Old 06-22-2017, 11:40 PM
1FastAzzC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will they FIT???/WILWOOD BBK

Hi everyone,
Sorry if this has been posted but I need STRAIGHT answers from a C6 Z51 owner that's been there, done that. My 06, C6 Z51 is waiting to have the Wilwood bbk kit installed. I spent over 2 hours talking to Wilwoods chief engineer about all the measurements. However, John at West coast CORVETTE assures me it will not fit. I'm certainly not accusing anyone of being wrong here, but I'm stymied at the fact that Wilwood SPECIFICALLY engineered this kit for the Z51, knowing the Z51 rotors are 13.38 inches and exactly the offset sizes for the 18inch 5 spoke stock wheel. That said, HOW COULD A COMPANY AS SUCCESSFUL AS WILWOOD BE THAT WRONG? Now Brandon assures me that a set of Z06 replicas will suffice. Only problem with that is I thought Z06 wheels were 19 & 20, not 18 & 19. Maybe I wasn't being clear or maybe WCC sells Z06 replicas in 18 & 19 inch sizes. Has someone bought this wilwood bbk/
Calipers only upgrade for their Z51 using the 13.38
Inch rotors & The front with the 18 inch stock 5 spoke wheel ?? Please ket me know. Please call me
As that would be faster. 818-809-3713. Thanks so much to whoever responds. Rob
Old 06-23-2017, 10:59 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Please remember; a kit engineered for a specific vehicle does not assure you of fit for a variety of wheels. Wheel fit issues will be a concern from any supplier. It's about the physical size of the components being installed.

Given the vast variety of both diameters and caliper models the Wilwood line covers nearly any option someone could require. The Aero line being the largest (yet still more wheel friendly than some other brands even) and the Superlite line being the narrower option to pick from. Combine that with kits from 13" to 15" in diameter.

Most manufactures also tend to push the entire system inboard a bit more than stock also to pick up whatever clearance they can. Despite all that....you can have two wheels with the exact same "specs" (OD, width, offset etc) and one will clear by an inch, the other require a fat wheel spacer. It's not the specs but the design of the spokes that create issues.

At the end of the day every supplier for BBKs will default to "wheel fit is to be determined by the buyer" (be it test fit or inquiring as you are) as there are too many variables and options. *Replica wheels being one of them- that have proven not to be exact size replicas...

Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-23-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:04 PM
doddka
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They fit but the 5 stars need spacer/adapters to clear the wider new calipers i went with 17mm but maybe 15mm would work.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:16 PM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

So it is only a caliper change.
How wide the OEM caliper? How wide is the Wilwood caliper?
How much space is there between the OEM caliper and wheel?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 PM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Z06 wheels for the C6 are 18/19 but they are wider.
Z06 replicas can be 18/19 or 19/20 or 18/20 or 19/19 depending on how you order them but are generally the stock 8.5" and 10" widths.

Get notified of new replies

To Will they FIT???/WILWOOD BBK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will they FIT???/WILWOOD BBK