C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Healight Lense Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 09:11 PM
jmule
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C6 Healight Lense Replacement

I know there are many post about C6 lens replacement, but I thought I would add some comments based on my experience. Others have said to put assembly in the oven for about 10 to 15 min. I found that you have to heat the assembly to 220 degrees for 30 min which makes removing the old lenses much easier. Also the way the body colored bezels are mounted to the assembly is different from driver side vs passenger side. Passenger side is mounted with 3 course threaded Phillips screws. The driver side uses 3 course threaded studs that remains in place when loosened. The studs uses a hex head and remains in place and have to be completely loosened from bezel before you can remove the old lens. If you don't completely loosen the studs, you will break the bezel mounts. It is also best to use butyl tape in the lense channel and heat it to 200 degrees before mounting the new lenses.
The following users liked this post:
kjay (01-06-2022)

Quick Reply: C6 Healight Lense Replacement