C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding XM 'module'

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 PM
JsC6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Adding XM 'module'

I added Nav radio to my 05. (Am meeting with a friend tomorrow 8/22 to get rid of 'Theftlock') I also was given the XM module. I know the module goes above the left wheel inside the driver side carpet in rear. Is there a wire there that I'm suppose to unplug and/or plug into the XM module?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

You should have these 2 wire harnesses. The big blue one that is disconnected is the XM antenna plug. If not, you will need to source them somehow.

The following users liked this post:
JsC6 (09-05-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 06:04 PM
JsC6
Advanced

Default My previous radio was a 6 disc changer, has radio...

Originally Posted by JsC6
I added Nav radio to my 05. (Am meeting with a friend tomorrow 8/22 to get rid of 'Theftlock') I also was given the XM module. I know the module goes above the left wheel inside the driver side carpet in rear. Is there a wire there that I'm suppose to unplug and/or plug into the XM module?
My previous radio was a 6 disc changer, as far as I know it didn't have XM. The nav radio I bought, came with an XM module. Are the wires you speak of in that compartment plugged in to something? I don't see an XM button on radio screen. Will it pop up when I plug it in?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:17 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

My previous radio was a 6 disc changer, as far as I know it didn't have XM. I don't see an XM button on radio screen. Will it pop up when I plug it in?
The "XM" button will show up on the screen when you hit the "Source" button on the outer part of the head unit.

The nav radio I bought, came with an XM module. Are the wires you speak of in that compartment plugged in to something?
I'm not sure which compartment you are talking about?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:13 PM
JsC6
Advanced

Excellent, the XM button magically appeared after I installed the XM module. Shout out to Ray Kawal - He said on his website that it would be hidden... and yes it was. As well as covered in black electrical tape - Just as he said. Here is his link, http://www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm
Old 08-31-2017, 12:36 PM
JsC6
Advanced

In addition... I found the plug for the XM module, but, where are the green and yellow connections to plug into the XM module? There is no XM antenna on top of the halo. Does that mean I won't find the yellow and green plugs?

BETTER QUESTION... Is the long black box mounted to the right of the rear view mirror on the windshield an XM antenna or is that for OnStar?

Last edited by JsC6; 08-31-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:56 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

In addition... I found the plug for the XM module, but, where are the green and yellow connections to plug into the XM module? There is no XM antenna on top of the halo. Does that mean I won't find the yellow and green plugs?

BETTER QUESTION... Is the long black box mounted to the right of the rear view mirror on the windshield an XM antenna or is that for OnStar?
The windshield box is the OnStar antenna, I think the XM antennas are located in the rearview mirrors on the later cars, but if your 05 does not have the wart on the halo then there is no XM antenna in your car. I thought all C6's had XM as standard, but I could be wrong on that one.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding XM 'module'

Quick Reply: Adding XM 'module'