C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley or something vibrating/whining

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Radzilla66
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulley or something vibrating/whining

Tried asking this in general discussion and didn't get much response. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if you figured out what it is. So, with the clutch in and a/c on if I rev up above 2500 and let off I get a whining noise around 1800-1700 when the rpms are falling back to idle. I can feel it in the clutch pedal and the shifter also. With the a/c off it doesn't do it. Seems obviously related to the a/c but I haven't checked anything out yet. Just feeling out if anyone else has experienced this.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:20 AM
crazyorigin
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year is your car? It could be the faulty balancer on early model's, I had some belt chirping with my car and replaced the balancer, and the idler pulleys just for good measure and now it is nice and quiet. I had no feedback in my clutch pedal though, so it could be another issue, or there could be something separate going on with something in your clutch.

Pop the hood and let the car run and watch your balancer to see if it runs nice and true, if it has any wobble at all it could be your issue.
The following users liked this post:
Radzilla66 (08-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Pulley or something vibrating/whining