Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Tech/Performance
LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle

Old 10-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
6SpeedSavage

Default Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle

I have an '05 Z51 with an LS2. I currently have a Corsa Sport axleback system on, but stock headers.

Every YouTube video I find that specifies LS2 with kooks headers, a catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axleback has either the camera shoved so close to the exhaust that all you hear is distortion, or doesn't rev past 1,500 rpm....

was wondering if anybody here has this setup, and if they could provide a video of the sound?

Thanks.
6SpeedSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
darknit
CF Senior Member

Kooks headers are awesome, just buy them...

I have cammed/supercharged ls2 with kooks headers, kooks cat delete mid, and borla stinger mufflers and my car sounds amazing, everyone complements how great it sounds! Sounded great before supercharger and cat delete mid too!

Last edited by darknit; 10-11-2017 at 11:09 PM.
darknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
JUST4TODAY
Support Corvetteforum!

Default billy boat 1 3/4 headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedSavage View Post
I have an '05 Z51 with an LS2. I currently have a Corsa Sport axleback system on, but stock headers.

Every YouTube video I find that specifies LS2 with kooks headers, a catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axleback has either the camera shoved so close to the exhaust that all you hear is distortion, or doesn't rev past 1,500 rpm....

was wondering if anybody here has this setup, and if they could provide a video of the sound?

Thanks.
05 LS2 stock Z51.
have billy boat headers, no cat corsa x pipe and corsa sport axle back. love em. Loud. need help uploading a video.

Last edited by JUST4TODAY; 10-13-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: additional
JUST4TODAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:49 AM   #4
bingo1105
CF Member

I had this exact setup but am now cammed, which makes things significantly louder. To me, the Corsa Sports were too quiet without headers, perfect with headers, and a touch loud for street driving at WOT with the cam. On the track, its not too loud at all and I wouldn't change a thing...

Here's a video of a hot lap at Texas World Speedway that will give you an idea of the sound. Without the cam, it sounds pretty much the same, just quieter.

https://youtu.be/aG9XGobMUfM
bingo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle
  •