C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:05 AM
6SpeedSavage
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle

I have an '05 Z51 with an LS2. I currently have a Corsa Sport axleback system on, but stock headers.

Every YouTube video I find that specifies LS2 with kooks headers, a catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axleback has either the camera shoved so close to the exhaust that all you hear is distortion, or doesn't rev past 1,500 rpm....

was wondering if anybody here has this setup, and if they could provide a video of the sound?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 PM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Kooks headers are awesome, just buy them...

I have cammed/supercharged ls2 with kooks headers, kooks cat delete mid, and borla stinger mufflers and my car sounds amazing, everyone complements how great it sounds! Sounded great before supercharger and cat delete mid too!

Last edited by darknit; 10-11-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:48 AM
JUST4TODAY
Navigator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default billy boat 1 3/4 headers.

Originally Posted by 6SpeedSavage
I have an '05 Z51 with an LS2. I currently have a Corsa Sport axleback system on, but stock headers.

Every YouTube video I find that specifies LS2 with kooks headers, a catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axleback has either the camera shoved so close to the exhaust that all you hear is distortion, or doesn't rev past 1,500 rpm....

was wondering if anybody here has this setup, and if they could provide a video of the sound?

Thanks.
05 LS2 stock Z51.
have billy boat headers, no cat corsa x pipe and corsa sport axle back. love em. Loud. need help uploading a video.

Last edited by JUST4TODAY; 10-13-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: additional
Old 10-13-2017, 03:49 AM
bingo1105
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this exact setup but am now cammed, which makes things significantly louder. To me, the Corsa Sports were too quiet without headers, perfect with headers, and a touch loud for street driving at WOT with the cam. On the track, its not too loud at all and I wouldn't change a thing...

Here's a video of a hot lap at Texas World Speedway that will give you an idea of the sound. Without the cam, it sounds pretty much the same, just quieter.

https://youtu.be/aG9XGobMUfM

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle

Quick Reply: Anybody have an LS2 Vette with Kooks Headers, catted mid pipe, and a corsa sport axle