C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Corvette C6 Fuel system/missfire/traction control issues Help me please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Arash01
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Corvette C6 Fuel system/missfire/traction control issues Help me please.

I bought a 2009 C6 Automatic Corvette with 80k miles in UAE and the car had some issues when I bought it. But I bought it very cheap and I'm happy with it. Here are the issues:

1. The error is Service Fuel System, the car is running but the gauge most of the times is at empty fuel even when there is 80% fuel in the tank and driving normally you wouldn't notice but when you go full throttle the car miss fires badly like stops acceleration. I replaced the fuel pump in tank with Walbro 450 kit but the only thing it did was to make my engine starts lazy. I am considering to replace fuel modules in both LH and RH side with ACDelco# M10058 for RH and Walbro TU476 for LH. any pieces of advice are welcome since I haven't bought anything yet.

2. Misfire problem, so the car is running but at very low speeds you would really feel it or at idle, I have changed to NGK spark plugs and MSD ignition coils also MSD spark plug wires. But none of these worked and I haven't noticed much difference the car is running a bit better but misfire is still the same.

3. Traction control, I have no idea why but when the car is sitting and idling for a couple of minutes the traction control swiches off by itself and doesn't turn back on and tc swich doesn't even work, until I turn off and on the car again. I really have not a big issue with this but I'd prefer to be control it myslef.

Last edited by Arash01; 10-17-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM
DPC57
Pro

Received 323 Likes on 141 Posts

My first suggestion would be to get a code reader. That would likely make the problems much more simple to diagnose.

That being said, the erroneous fuel gauge is likely the sending unit in the tank. Common problem, and the usual suggestion is to run a bottle or two of Techron fuel system cleaner through the car to see if that helps. If it doesn't the sending unit(s) will need to be replaced. My 08 M6 is in the shop at the moment having that very work done.
The following users liked this post:
Arash01 (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Arash01
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPC57
My first suggestion would be to get a code reader. That would likely make the problems much more simple to diagnose.

That being said, the erroneous fuel gauge is likely the sending unit in the tank. Common problem, and the usual suggestion is to run a bottle or two of Techron fuel system cleaner through the car to see if that helps. If it doesn't the sending unit(s) will need to be replaced. My 08 M6 is in the shop at the moment having that very work done.

Thanks for your advice I have bought both the fuel units after I installed them I will update.

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Corvette C6 Fuel system/missfire/traction control issues Help me please.

Quick Reply: 2009 Corvette C6 Fuel system/missfire/traction control issues Help me please.