C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech 2 help - Diagnose surging/hanging idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Tech 2 help - Diagnose surging/hanging idle

I just received my knock off Tech 2 scanner in the mail and I'm hoping for some insight on diagnosing my issue.

I've been fighting a surging idle for quite some time that I'd like to track down. I'm also seeing issues with the idle hanging between shifts then falling very slowly.

Prior to purchasing the Tech 2 I troubleshooted everything recommended; vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, leaks around the air intake, replaced plugs and wires, replacedthrottle body, cleaned MAF sensor, etc.

Any insight on what modules to watch would be fantastic. I think I need to somehow use the Live Plot function to figure this out.

Here's a link to my previous thread on the issue.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fter-tune.html
Old 10-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Domi, now that you have a TECH ll do a throttle relearn ...if it still does the hang after that it just has to be a small vacuum leak somewhere .

I put my plastic LS3 covers on in hurry one day and did not realize that one of the two plastic lines that run across the top of the throttle body was caught by the cover , cocking the line just enough to cause a leak where it attaches to the manifold just behind the throttle body . I had exactly the same symptoms as you are experencing , throttle hang after shifts , high idle when coming to a stop ...slight surging ( i have an A6 so it did not feel bad )

I checked every hose and stumbled on the cause as something just did not look right ... the one hose was jammed outside the cover instead of under it .. Because I have a fast 102 the only solution was to reroute one of them to be completely outside the cover and that allowed the one that was leaking to seal properly , the idle settled down and I have had no problems sice

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 10-17-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I appreciate the reply! I'm looking for the throttle relearn option and I'm not seeing anything. Is it perhaps Engine Speed Control?

​​​​​

Last edited by doomi; 10-17-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,633 Posts

not sure , traveling this week for work , I can check on Thursday when I get home

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Tech 2 help - Diagnose surging/hanging idle

Quick Reply: Tech 2 help - Diagnose surging/hanging idle