C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real world CAI power gains

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ
Pull out your FOG LIGHTS and see what difference it makes... Cut shroud on top of that and you'll the best any of the aftermarket kits!!

CAI with all of the above and you get fuc* me airflow...
Fog light area is low pressure......
Old 10-28-2017, 03:04 PM
R_W
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ
Pull out your FOG LIGHTS and see what difference it makes... Cut shroud on top of that and you'll the best any of the aftermarket kits!!

CAI with all of the above and you get fuc* me airflow...
Originally Posted by Dcasole
Fog light area is low pressure......
Yup. Low pressure areas do not get airflow. Save yourself the trouble. Unless you plan on adding scoops and modifying the front bumper even more to change those areas into high pressure areas...
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh H
I will not be using it for any sort of competitive racing on a regular basis, but part of the reason I got the car instead of a base model or even a Camaro or something less handling oriented is because I want to be able to use it for autocross events and road racing type track days. I will probably do some drag racing as well, but the only interest I have in the dyno is using it to get the tuning dialed in on the car. If there is some sort of dyno event going on, I may go out there to hang out and dyno just for fun, but peak numbers are of no interest to me. I'm looking for power under the curve. I'm also not building a show car, but I want a product that is built with quality components that fits and functions as it should.
Josh based on my personal experience with Variram if you want a product that is built with quality components that fits and functions as it should for the use you describe I would not buy Variram. I bought one for my 08 C6 4 years ago. It was installed properly but I had problems with the sealing system at the filter and the two clasp latches would never stay closed reliably unless I duct taper them closed. I got no help from Variram concerning these problems so I finally replaced it with another MFG's cold air intake. I couldn't in good faith sell this P.O.S. to another corvette owner so I simply trash canned it and took my loss. There are a lot of guys on this forum that do a lot of drag racing that swear by Variram and I am happy for them, but my experience was that it had poor quality fit & finish with no MFG support for my problems. Any gains in performance were not worth the hassles.

Last edited by jstewart; 10-30-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:34 PM
JAvery20
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 08 A6 went 11.9@120 with a Vararam and a tune right off the highway.

Get the Vararam+Tune. Nice little starter combo.

Quick Reply: Real world CAI power gains