C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: RWHP Sweet Spot
<500rwhp
15.00%
500-600rwhp
35.00%
600-700rwhp
35.00%
700-800rwhp
10.00%
800-900rwhp
3.75%
1000+rwhp
1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

RWHP Sweet Spot

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Limitless100
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To add to my response to FNBAD, I still believe a highly modded car should be CAPABLE of driving across states without issue, if it can't, it was probably built cheaply/wrong. Or it's a pure race car.

All I'm saying is I don't have any desire to do that lol
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Limitless100
To add to my response to FNBAD, I still believe a highly modded car should be CAPABLE of driving across states without issue, if it can't, it was probably built cheaply/wrong. Or it's a pure race car.

All I'm saying is I don't have any desire to do that lol
Which now redefines the question of "Sweet Spot".

There's a world of difference between a 750 HP NA car and one with FI when you start talking local driving vs extended length multi-state road trips.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Limitless100
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Which now redefines the question of "Sweet Spot".

There's a world of difference between a 750 HP NA car and one with FI when you start talking local driving vs extended length multi-state road trips.
750HP NA? I'm yet to see someone with a car like that on these boards anyway.

Until coming to this forum, I didn't think it was of such high priority to have your highly modded car be able to make a trip from NY to FL lol. I hear of people talking about how the car was driven to a specific event and driven home, but not so much that they came all the way from NY to south Cali in it. I recently made a 14 hour drive down the east coast in a boring normal everyday SUV, it sucked. And at no point of my drive was I wishing I was in a highly modified sports/exotic car LOL. I guess I view fast cars differently than others here. Everyone is different right!

To me things are more special when they are more of a special occasion item. Also, I'm very **** about keeping my stuff like new, so the idea of driving that far isn't particularly attractive to my OCD.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:13 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

There out and about!
Old 12-08-2017, 11:07 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Until coming to this forum, I didn't think it was of such high priority to have your highly modded car be able to make a trip from NY to FL lol. I hear of people talking about how the car was driven to a specific event and driven home, but not so much that they came all the way from NY to south Cali in it. I recently made a 14 hour drive down the east coast in a boring normal everyday SUV, it sucked. And at no point of my drive was I wishing I was in a highly modified sports/exotic car LOL. I guess I view fast cars differently than others here. Everyone is different right!

To me things are more special when they are more of a special occasion item. Also, I'm very **** about keeping my stuff like new, so the idea of driving that far isn't particularly attractive to my OCD.
Yes, we are all different in how we deal with cars. We each have different definitions of power, fast, boring, modded, etc. I've owned and driven 8 second cars, but don't care to anymore. I've owned cars that held national drag records. Currently, my Vette is the quickest LS3 bolton on this forum and I've raced it in NJ, FL, OH, IN, CA, and of course AZ. I've been in 47 states and recently passed 150K miles. I'm happy to keep it simple and still run high 10's. It's only boredom when you are driving something that doesn't make you smile. I don't get bored often.
The following users liked this post:
rpmextra (12-12-2017)

Quick Reply: RWHP Sweet Spot