C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLeod RST Slipping on first pass?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 08:34 AM
preston145
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default McLeod RST Slipping on first pass?

Hey guys just looking for some insight here before my next step. So quick story is my car dropped a valve not long ago, no worries I now have a darton sleeved block, TSP heads, Cam, Exhaust etc. Car runs awesome. Clutch wise I decided on a New RST twin disk as I knew I would be no where near the limit of its power holding ability along with a new GM slave and the new GM clutch slave. I didn't do the install so unsure of the clutch fluid that was added. Anyways I noticed a couple times before hand when I do a burn out or accelerate quickly in 1st where the tires would spin the clutch pedal would almost vacuum down to the floor but come back up. I went to the drag strip for the first time and on my first pass on street tires clutch slipped towards the end of the track causing me to peg the rev limiter, I figured this had to be some type of fluke, I attempted to make a another pass and it slipped in first-and second so I shut it down and coasted. Decided to just take it home from there. Drove it home and followed up on inspecting the clutch fluid which was fairly clean as the car only has roughly 1400 miles since the engine and clutch break in. The fluid has a few particles I believe to be clutch dust but it was very clear. I looked under the clutch pedal which did feel a little strange as of late and found the rod that is pushed by the clutch pedal not even on the pedal, it appeared that the c clip that holds the rod on the pedal came off allowing the rod to come off the pedal but not sure if that would still allow the clutch to slip. I attached that back and I still cannot get the clutch to slip on the street during a pull. I can lug it in 5th gear at 40mph and floor it and no slip. It seems heat or something is causing my issue or the sticky surface of the track is to much for the RST. Does this sound like a clutch issue or fluid boiling from heat possibly? Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by preston145; 01-22-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: McLeod RST Slipping on first pass?