C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to my C6 but have a big issue right now.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 06:26 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the TCM bolted to trans? if so is it on top or where at? and can someone post a picture (if you have it) of all the electrical grounding points.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:56 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I assume the code is not set hard and goes away after each start cycle.

Check if your car has had the steering wheel position recall work performed and the plastic comb added to fix a loose connection.

I believe it is on the same circuit as the transmission but i could be mistaken.

this and the speed sensors on the rotors are the two main failure points however this does not sound like you are having speed sensor failures if the code is not set hard.

push the steering wheel all the way forward and set the memory to reduce movement of the wiring.

Someone on here or your local dealer should be able to give you a report on all work done on your car that GM knows about.

Last edited by Got uid0; 01-26-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:15 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Originally Posted by Got uid0
I assume the code is not set hard and goes away after each start cycle.

Check if your car has had the steering wheel position recall work performed and the plastic comb added to fix a loose connection.

I believe it is on the same circuit as the transmission but i could be mistaken.

this and the speed sensors on the rotors are the two main failure points however this does not sound like you are having speed sensor failures if the code is not set hard.

push the steering wheel all the way forward and set the memory to reduce movement of the wiring.

Someone on here or your local dealer should be able to give you a report on all work done on your car that GM knows about.
I looked that up I think it is 05-06 models.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

What's really weird is my settings are saved on one FOB. and when I get in the other fob is just factory settings. Well after I changed battery I got in on my normal fob and my mirrors and everything were all jacked up in place. Not sure if thats normal?
Old 01-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,016 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Your later model C6 has the TCM and valve silonids in the trans.

as for fobs, find someone with a tech II and see what postions the fobs where programmed into. Chances are one of the fobs is programmed into position 1 or 2, the dealer did not have the second programmed fob when they got the car, programmed a replacement fob into position 3 or 4, and why that later program fobs is not working with the memory positions.

Hence only fogs programmed into the RCDLR in postion 1 and 2 work with memory.

And forget all about the numbers on the fobs themselves, since you can program a fob with any number stamped on it,into the RCDLR into any of the 4 positions. Ideally, you program fob #1 into the RCDLR first so it in the module as the first fob, the #2 fob in secondaly, but since it sound like in your case the #2 fob was lost, they programmed in a replacement fob #2 into the RCDLR as postion 3 instead.

If you want to program the fobs back into the car yourself, you can do such with just the key via the long procedure (takes 30 mins until the RCDLR will go into a complete relearn mode that way with the key), while with a Tech II, it take about a min isntead (not wait time for the RCDLR to go into the long total Fob relearn mode instead.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tructions.html
Old 01-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Ok so I followed the tsb, I made sure all the connecting points were good from the harness reconnected the male/female ends. Go to start the car... I hear zapping noises than nothing... everythings black... about 30 seconds go by and dash lights up, car starts, All the codes are still there, I shut it off, tried restarting the car to see what the delay was all about now my car will not start, not even try.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:06 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Old 01-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Did you find the blown fuse yet?

Not sure what harness you were checking out but if you heard grounding electric popping it sounds like you blew some fuses and located your problem.

Last edited by Got uid0; 01-28-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:52 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Sorry for your problems, 5 days and still going. Wish I could help with an answer.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Originally Posted by Got uid0
Did you find the blown fuse yet?

Not sure what harness you were checking out but if you heard grounding electric popping it sounds like you blew some fuses and located your problem.
Watch the last video I posted, When I push to start; you hear zapping noises coming from ignition switch. TCM connector to trans was harness I was talking about. But now when I push it all my interior lights go black and outside lights turn off its like the car electrically shuts off... I did not find a blown fuse yet. Does anyone know if autozone sells or rent an OEM circuit tester with the fuses/relays? This is very depressing and frustrating. I literally just want to take it to dealer trade it in take the hit and get something without the BS. I have off tomorrow its a full dedication day to figuring this thing out. Any help would be much appreciated before I give up.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:56 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek Adams
Watch the last video I posted, When I push to start; you hear zapping noises coming from ignition switch. TCM connector to trans was harness I was talking about. But now when I push it all my interior lights go black and outside lights turn off its like the car electrically shuts off... I did not find a blown fuse yet. Does anyone know if autozone sells or rent an OEM circuit tester with the fuses/relays? This is very depressing and frustrating. I literally just want to take it to dealer trade it in take the hit and get something without the BS. I have off tomorrow its a full dedication day to figuring this thing out. Any help would be much appreciated before I give up.
sounds like it may be time to throw in the towel and seek professional help
Old 01-28-2018, 10:08 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Good luck, I hope it's something simple.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Checked every fuse in the car; nothing, Swapped some relays out with useless ones on the car, nothing. Put old (good working) battery in, Nothing.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Derek Adams
Instructor

I'm gonna plug in scanner again and see if their is anything new and try to reset and see if it starts.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Hooked scanner up, won't connect now, everytime i touch the break i hear clicking like a relay maybe in center of dash or maybe passenger floor i cannot tell.. being the only person here.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Anyone have a how to - to check relays? all fuse worked with a circuit tester, OBD scanner still doesnt connect to car. Very dumb when it comes to electronic stuff( relay being pulled one by one )
Old 01-29-2018, 03:19 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Have you checked the 12 volt connection at the starter? Any aftermarket parts, like headers, remote start?

Get notified of new replies

To New to my C6 but have a big issue right now.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Originally Posted by d.medic
Have you checked the 12 volt connection at the starter? Any aftermarket parts, like headers, remote start?
Just eagle eye tail lights; and vararam intake (i took intake off when I started having this issue to eliminate some things) The car wouldn't start after changing battery, But I put old battery in still won't start now and can't connect to my OBD port to scan.

Last edited by Derek Adams; 01-29-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek Adams
Hooked scanner up, won't connect now, everytime i touch the break i hear clicking like a relay maybe in center of dash or maybe passenger floor i cannot tell.. being the only person here.
The clicking you hear is from a relay. Its the relay for the antenna that senses your FOB. Located in the dash. Usually caused by the car not sensing the FOB.

So, you said you put in a new battery and the car had no power? Did it have juice at all? Did you get anything on the DIC? Can you put it into Aux mode?

Electrical gremlins on these are a bitch. I've fought them for almost 12 years but got lucky and only had to replace a couple of batteries and a column lock.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Derek Adams
Instructor

Originally Posted by schizcat
The clicking you hear is from a relay. Its the relay for the antenna that senses your FOB. Located in the dash. Usually caused by the car not sensing the FOB.

So, you said you put in a new battery and the car had no power? Did it have juice at all? Did you get anything on the DIC? Can you put it into Aux mode?

Electrical gremlins on these are a bitch. I've fought them for almost 12 years but got lucky and only had to replace a couple of batteries and a column lock.
As for battery I did try replacing it; it started up right after, codes came on I just shut it off and started it again; The second start was a little rough it was a lot more delayed I had to wait 5 seconds dash freaked out than started up. After letting it idle for 15 minutes i shut it off and it never started again; grabbed old battery i swapped out day before that I had no issues with; same issue. Aux works, but when I go to start car dash blanks out and pauses a long time before everything else starts up than nothing happens....

DIC would be Service Traction Control & ABS, Than show nothing but my ODO meter.

Quick Reply: New to my C6 but have a big issue right now.