C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having problems powering up my 2006

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 AM
Bigzavs
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Having problems powering up my 2006

To start with, I am just now getting back to building up my 2006 base model after it being on the back burner for over a year. I work on it in the shop at my work on the weekends, and until this morning have been using a jumper box to power it up in order to move it in and out.

Over this past weekend I put the pcm bracket back on, connected up the pcm, installed new battery cables, battery tray, and got the battery back in it (battery has been dead for the time the car's been down, need a new one) and I have interior lights come up and all that while its connected. But if I try to put the car in accessory mode to shift it, the lights and my afr gauge flash on for a split second, then nothing. I put the jumper box back on it and it didn't do anything more than when it was battery only.

Now if I disconnect the pcm, I get full power - gauge cluster comes on, a-pillar gauges come on, goes into accessory mode, etc. If the pcm is plugged in though, I still get nothing. Unfortunately my brain is nothing but Mercedes currently as that's who I work for and I'm pretty rusty at Corvettes to be honest. I messaged a local shop on it but unfortunately couldn't really get a straight answer.

If any of you guys have ideas on it please let me know. I'm really looking forward to having my car back running and into paint so I can enjoy it once again.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Bigzavs; 02-20-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Having problems powering up my 2006