C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head info is it stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 04:05 PM
hunter85
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head info is it stock?

Non z06 6.0 2006 corvette I just picked up is supposed to be tuned cammed ect just wanting to see if what I have is stock. The heads say 243 on them and have some kind of symbol I will include a picture the injectors are blue top ring injectors supposed to be a ls7 intake as well. It is fast and the idle says theres a cam in there to bad I dont know what kind I will include pictures of intake and the heads let me know if you know thanks Travis
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2018, 04:54 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

The 243 head is the 01+ LS6/LS2 head. It has a smaller 64.45cc chamber for more compression (10.5 CR on LS6), 210cc intake runners, and 75cc D-shaped exhaust
ports ports

Tom

Last edited by TCW; 03-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:09 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

There seen to be someone's signature on that head maybe somebody on here will know who's is it.

A head with a mark on is an indication of possible performance work done on it, no way to know how much work done till is removed for inspection or without looking into the ports though.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Ls7 intake won't even come close to bolting onto a ls2/6 head.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Ls7 intake won't even come close to bolting onto a ls2/6 head.

But, since a lot of folks now use the term “intake” to describe the air filter assembly, which is interchangeable, that’s probably what they were referring to. I guess they’re both accurate descriptions, although one is a manifold and one is just an air intake/filter housing assembly. I’m always pleasantly surprised when they don’t call everything upstream of the throttle body a “CAI”, even if it’s sucking hot underhood air.
In fairness, I guess we’re all guilty of mechanical misnomers like that, for example, we all refer to the crankshaft harmonic damper on our neutral balanced LS engines as a “balancer”.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:49 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by xBoostx
There seen to be someone's signature on that head maybe somebody on here will know who's is it.

A head with a mark on is an indication of possible performance work done on it, no way to know how much work done till is removed for inspection or without looking into the ports though.
Yeah, that is a strange mark. Looks like some kind of Cyrillic insignia. Maybe the heads were ported in Bulgaria?
I’m only half kidding about that. USPS once somehow managed to ship a set of BB Chevy heads from Michigan to Sofia, Bulgaria, instead of back to me in the Caribbean. When I finally got them back, 6 weeks or so later, they had writing on the box that looked like that stamp.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:22 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by hunter85
Non z06 6.0 2006 corvette I just picked up is supposed to be tuned cammed ect just wanting to see if what I have is stock. The heads say 243 on them and have some kind of symbol I will include a picture the injectors are blue top ring injectors supposed to be a ls7 intake as well. It is fast and the idle says theres a cam in there to bad I dont know what kind I will include pictures of intake and the heads let me know if you know thanks Travis
those are the 243 heads that came on the car from factory with near 11 to 1 compression.no telling whats been done to them
Old 03-03-2018, 09:44 AM
hunter85
Cruising

Yea no telling Texas speed is what the reciept for the work said {I cant find the papers of course}.. I cant find those head markings anywhere not to sound racist but it looks like two backwards Ks and one forward k so kkk Racing that intake picture wont load for some reason headers are still stock the rest is a magniflow system looks like someone kept the headers and the audio that was in car. Wish I knew the cam it lopes like my 74 stingray with a mother thumpr cam its tame enough to drive but its shaky at idle which im used to anyway. Ls7 is a 7.0 if im not mistaken so yea it wouldnt fit on the ls2 heads I would imagine lol hey thanks guys for the info If anyone knows that marking please let me know. This car came from texas the work was done in 2014 if anyone knows the car also please let me know its a blast to drive seems like acceleration just doesnt stop lol
Old 03-06-2018, 01:56 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

You will need headers in there bafore the cam can work as is now all chocked up by exhaust restriction then you will be very happy imo.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:13 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Those heads are 243's which are stock GM castings. The symbol underneath belongs to TEA or total engine airflow. They are well known for their headwork.

TEA was started by Brian Tooley and he sold the business and then opened BTR.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:50 PM
PuckDracon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Definitely TEA heads, so they are quality pieces for ported stockers.

Can't tell if they are the stage 1 or 2, but even the stage 1's flow ~310cfm @ .600. If the cam was installed at the same time as the heads as a package you can expect a well done, properly matched combo. Surely not a hobbled together backyard mechanic build.

Texas Speed knows their stuff...not sure how big they are in the Corvette world but they are huge with the F-body crowd.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:47 PM
hunter85
Cruising

That is what I wanted to hear its a blast to drive but im sure all c6s are pretty fun you know. Need a good set of headers it has a magniflow cat back exhaust after I got it in the air and looked at it. I will have to tune out the rear o2s I reckon Thanks for the help guys and the cam was done same time as all other work I would guess anyway runs good not to jiggly on the idle starts up good to compared to what Ive seen on youtube with cams. Varam snake charmer ram air intake btw not a vr racing.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM
hunter85
Cruising

Engine pics sorry took so long ls6 intake maybe?
Attached Images     
Old 03-19-2018, 12:56 PM
hunter85
Cruising

My picture quality is a joke I know

Get notified of new replies

To Head info is it stock?

Quick Reply: Head info is it stock?