C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0122, P0223 and 0 on the oil pressure???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 09:32 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0122, P0223 and 0 on the oil pressure???

ok so i my 2006 corvette has been parked since middle of November. I slowly been installing a front wide body on the car. Along with zr1 side skirts. The car has not been started since. About a week and a half ago i finished up and and tried to start the car and my battery was dead. Not a real shocker. Turns our the optima red top had expanding cells so i replaced it. So I start the car and instantly have the reduced engine power show up and also not reading oil psi. Oil psi gauge goes all the way to 80 psi during the start up like normal and comes back and sits at zero. My car is loud and has a pretty choppy cam, but i dont think I heard any engine noise. I shut it down pretty quick just in case. I hook up my diagnostics and it shows P0122, P0223, Circuit low, and circuit high. I tried to reset the codes and they won't even reset for a second. Now all I did is replace the battery as far as mechanical. These 2 codes and 0 oil pressure have to be related right????

When car was parked it was running pretty damn good. It's got me scratching my head. The only other time i seen 0 oil pressure was when i hooked up a ls3 map sensor on my new motor install. Swapped back to ls2 map sensor and oil pressure worked again.

Last edited by k_stewart_21; 03-09-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:30 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Ttt
Old 03-09-2018, 06:52 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by k_stewart_21
ok so i my 2006 corvette has been parked since middle of November. I slowly been installing a front wide body on the car. Along with zr1 side skirts. The car has not been started since. About a week and a half ago i finished up and and tried to start the car and my battery was dead. Not a real shocker. Turns our the optima red top had expanding cells so i replaced it. So I start the car and instantly have the reduced engine power show up and also not reading oil psi. Oil psi gauge goes all the way to 80 psi during the start up like normal and comes back and sits at zero. My car is loud and has a pretty choppy cam, but i dont think I heard any engine noise. I shut it down pretty quick just in case. I hook up my diagnostics and it shows P0122, P0223, Circuit low, and circuit high. I tried to reset the codes and they won't even reset for a second. Now all I did is replace the battery as far as mechanical. These 2 codes and 0 oil pressure have to be related right????

When car was parked it was running pretty damn good. It's got me scratching my head. The only other time i seen 0 oil pressure was when i hooked up a ls3 map sensor on my new motor install. Swapped back to ls2 map sensor and oil pressure worked again.
those 2 codes are for the 2 throttle position sensors in the throttle body that are not replaceable.check harness connector to throttle body that it is properly seated with no bent pins in connector.o psi usually oil pressure sensor gone bad.do you know if your scan tool can read and clear PO codes.little unusual with nothing done and end up with codes.dead batteries and changing them sometimes can cause grief
Old 03-09-2018, 08:27 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Yeah it can clear codes. That’s what I was saying. I hit reset codes, normally they clear and may come back a few seconds later. Not this time. The codes never even went away.

Connector is good though.

The only think I can think of is when I drilled for the side skirts in the rockers, maybe I hit a wire in there that may of caused a grounding issue??

Ill get a manual oil psi gauge on he motor to rule that out. This motor is pretty new. I may have put about 10k miles on it since I rebuilt it.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:58 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Ttt
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

update:
i put a manual oil psi gauge on and oil pressure checks out good. So this tells me it’s tied in somewhere to the thrown codes as well. I still can’t clear the codes. I may go to oriellys and use their reader to try to clear them. I have an old throttle pedal i will hook up and see if that does the trick. Anyone got any other ideas?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Throttle pedal checked out. This makes no sense
Old 03-14-2018, 10:26 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

I found this last night. The green wire was taped up in my harness and lead to nowhere. Still don’t make since cause the had bee running fine. Anyone know what this gray wire is?
Old 03-24-2018, 04:17 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

took the car to the dealership. They said it needed a new ecm because i can't remember which, but a wire was showing volts when it was plugged in. they installed new ecm and still having same issues. now they are scratching there heads. No one on this forum has any help or suggestions????? come on guys, anything will be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:18 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

also before they swapped the ecm, they said it was showing oil pressure then. they didnt say what they did to fix that issue.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:28 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

I found this last night. The green wire was taped up in my harness and lead to nowhere. Still don’t make since cause the had bee running fine. Anyone know what this gray wire is?
Green wire was probably used for some external gauge that was removed prior.

No idea what that harness is but it looks like its in the primary O2 sensor position... but its not the o2 harness since it has more than 4 wires...
Old 03-26-2018, 10:56 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ahrmike
Green wire was probably used for some external gauge that was removed prior.

No idea what that harness is but it looks like its in the primary O2 sensor position... but its not the o2 harness since it has more than 4 wires...
it’s the fuel injector harness
Old 03-27-2018, 05:32 AM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

it’s the fuel injector harness
Ah.
By the way - theres a pair of those for sale on the FS forums for ~$100 if you wanted to get rid of the tap.

Does it crank? does it try to catch? Im sort of confused on the actual issue if it shows oil pressure now and it turned on when you tried it last.

The TB could've just failed like the codes say?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:51 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

It hasn’t showed oil pressure. They lied when they told me that. After not hearing from the dealership since last Wednesday (3-21), I went by there yesterday to see what was going on. Seen the car sitting outside and I could tell it has bees then awhile. I go to talk to the head service guy and the tech that has been working on the car. They haven’t even messed with it since the new ecm was installed. Said it was having same issues as before. They did the 5 volt reference and One of the wires on the throttle body harness was showing 5 volts all the time or something. So I asked when are they going to start to fix it. They told me maybe next week if they have the time. So that tells me they have no idea what they are doing. I go get my trailer and take the car to my tuner yesterday afternoon. When I go to load it up from the dealer the battery is completely dead. I mean won’t even unlock the doors. So this tells me whatever my issue is l, it’s draining my battery pretty fast.

To answer your question, yes it starts and runs. Always has, just in reduced power mode. Not enough throttle response to even pull it up on a trailer.

Recap of the last month: showing codes P0122 and p0223 and 0 on oil pressure and something is draining my battery. I put new throttle body on, Dealer put new ecm in, same issues.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Ok so im really not qualified to answer but until someone more knowledgeable shows up:

P0122:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...w-voltage.html

P0223:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-p0223.html

Sounds like you need those damn techs to hook up a tech2 and read the sensors that cause these errors (e.g. is the throttle sensor working fine)

From the two linked threads, I would venture a guess that its between the throttle body (which you replaced), the accelerator, or a break in a wire going to your TB or accelerator...

Last edited by Ahrmike; 03-27-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:24 AM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ahrmike
Ok so im really not qualified to answer but until someone more knowledgeable shows up:

P0122:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...w-voltage.html

P0223:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-p0223.html

Sounds like you need those damn techs to hook up a tech2 and read the sensors that cause these errors (e.g. is the throttle sensor working fine)

From the two linked threads, I would venture a guess that its between the throttle body (which you replaced), the accelerator, or a break in a wire going to your TB or accelerator...
Very good info. there is splice in one of the wires that goes to the throttle body. We are going to replace the wiring for the connector and see what that does.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Update: replaced with gold blade throttle body, replaced 3 wires all the way back to the ecm pins. That fixed the throttle issues. Oil psi is still ****. So going to test those wires and probably do the same thing.

Get notified of new replies

To P0122, P0223 and 0 on the oil pressure???

Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

if its actually getting pressure but is reading low, it could be a sender issue. I believe its in the back of the block behind the intake mani.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 PM
k_stewart_21
Advanced

Already replaced sender. See above...
Old 01-29-2020, 06:38 PM
Beasty 3.8
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Already replaced sender. See above...
Hey man i’am curious to know what you did to fix this issue you were having. I have something very similar that happened to me the only difference is i was driving when it happened. I got a DIC saying check my oil pressure and i saw the gauge go completely flat. I pulled over and turned off the car. I had it towed to a shop and replaced the oil sender unit and that didn’t fix it. I did restart the car once i pulled over and turned it off and started up normal it is also cammed and loud and don’t recall any weird noises coming out.

Quick Reply: P0122, P0223 and 0 on the oil pressure???