C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.155 bore...what size head gasket? or is it something else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 AM
daygojunior
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4.155 bore...what size head gasket? or is it something else?

What’s up forum. I have 07 z06 Darton sleeved ls7 with a finished bore of 4.155. First time, I was running a 4.155 cometic gasket and coolant kept coming out of over fill tube on coolant reservoir at wot along with loss of compression at 5500rpm. Not to long after coolant was dripping onto headers near cylinder 7. The heads were removed and we decided to go with a bigger 4.185 cometic gasket because that’s what cometic recommended. We did not see any damage to the sleeves or pistons. No more leak onto the header, but I’m still getting alittle spray out of the over fill, and now I have sweet white smoke coming out of the tail pipes, along with milky oil. Any help is much appreciated!!! This is a supercharged application. I’m running a v3si trim with 3.6 pulley boosting 7.5pds. Stock heads.

Last edited by daygojunior; 11-09-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:06 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

what head fasteners are you using? Unlikely that you're lifting the heads at low boost but it sure sounds like in the upper rpm youre having some push through? I would be running arp studs if not already
Old 11-15-2018, 09:09 PM
daygojunior
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
what head fasteners are you using? Unlikely that you're lifting the heads at low boost but it sure sounds like in the upper rpm youre having some push through? I would be running arp studs if not already
thanks for replying. Yes I have studs.

Get notified of new replies

To 4.155 bore...what size head gasket? or is it something else?

Quick Reply: 4.155 bore...what size head gasket? or is it something else?