C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 LS2 A6 to LS7 swap (possibly long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Red06Vette
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 2006 LS2 A6 to LS7 swap (possibly long)

I want to start this thread by publically thanking Chris(Subfloor), can't thank him enough for his help and guidance with this project. This was an LS7 swap complete with dry sump and battery relocation. I found an early model year 2014 crate LS7 locally and purchased it in early November. Winter around here wasn't to bad, so with the help of a friend on separate weekends the battery was relocated and the dry sump was installed, a nice Lingenfelter modified unit. The engine had never been started/installed, project cars by others that were never realized. I next spoke with my tuner (Fasterproms) about my project (stock converter auto). His recommendations were BTR Stage 2 cam, Stainless Works 2" headers, port heads, cut .050, replace ex. valves with one piece SS and new guides. All mechanical work was performed by myself and a friend. Installed and degreed cam, installed heads with ARP bolts, measured and installed correct length pushrods (.080 preload) and Yella Terra rocker arms, also installed 10% under ATI Superdamper. Once all assembled I made a fitting and prelubed engine until oil was coming out of rocker arms. Installation went fairly smooth, a lot of the LS2 parts are the same, minor issues with starter and 12:1 compression, replaced with gear reduction type, but overall not a bad install. Jeremy sent me a basic tune so I could start and drive for break-in. On April 12th Jeremy performed the tuning with 250 miles on the engine, and some additional changes to the A6. I was looking for around 550 RWHP, so I was very pleased when the numbers came up at 565 RWHP and 522 RWTQ. Definitely a worthwhile swap.

Quick Reply: 2006 LS2 A6 to LS7 swap (possibly long)