C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech Torquer vs Spin's 230/234 grind Cam on ls3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 05:41 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy Blue 210
His thread is near the bottom of this page. Not technically able
to place link in this post.

"Poll I've narrowed it down to 2 cam choices!!! Input appreciated"

Well written with graphs and stages, stock heads then ported by
TSP. Lots of good info.

wow that is a great read. Thanks man!!! Nice results Jaybee!

I wish more people would share information like that. I know I'll be doing so.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

given that I ended up with 1.75" headers as opposed to the 1.875" that I thought I was getting, should take that into consideration when selecting this cam? I'm sort of wondering if I might even just be better off selling the 1.75" and biting the bullet and going for some new 1.875's. What do you guys think?
Old 05-20-2018, 09:23 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwebb
wow that is a great read. Thanks man!!! Nice results Jaybee!

I wish more people would share information like that. I know I'll be doing so.
Thanks Bigwebb. I think some people don't share because they are not happy with numbers, don't want to draw attention to their self because if you get a good recipe then your inbox will over flow, you have the dyno debate and least but not least you should have made more power than that with your setup. We always want more power but if you want good driveability then you may not want a huge or big cam. But some of the middle size cams and some smaller make good power from what I've read. Just do me a favor just do everything at once. I've got cars modded before with cam and everything and on this one I danced around and change my mind so much it wasn't even funny. LoL But just remember all cars are not the same. I got the cam from TSP which I didn't get it from Comp Cam as Spinmonster does for that cam. I wasn't comfortable about the comp it could be up to 2 degrees off but that's just up to me. I'm going to send you a PM
The following users liked this post:
Bigwebb (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 09:26 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Originally Posted by jaybee924
Thanks Bigwebb. I think some people don't share because they are not happy with numbers, don't want to draw attention to their self because if you get a good recipe then your inbox will over flow, you have the dyno debate and least but not least you should have made more power than that with your setup. We always want more power but if you want good driveability then you may not want a huge or big cam. But some of the middle size cams and some smaller make good power from what I've read. Just do me a favor just do everything at once. I've got cars modded before with cam and everything and on this one I danced around and change my mind so much it wasn't even funny. LoL But just remember all cars are not the same. I got the cam from TSP which I didn't get it from Comp Cam as Spinmonster does for that cam. I wasn't comfortable about the comp it could be up to 2 degrees off but that's just up to me. I'm going to send you a PM
I suppose that does make sense. I'm going to try and do as much as my wallet permits me to at once. At a certain point, I'd have to look back and ask why I didn't just trade in for a z06, or even something like a viper.

That being said, I'm making every effort to keep costs down without leaving out major parts of the build. I've got rick crawford doing his magic on the intake and throttle body, I'll have the heads milled and possibly finished (light porting) to spec, 10% underdrive balancer, I'll have a good mid sized cam, and headers which are going to end up being 1.75 vs 1.875. Still not sure about the roller rockers, lifters or lighter weight intake valves.

Daniel

Quick Reply: Katech Torquer vs Spin's 230/234 grind Cam on ls3