C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 C6 Z06 Side Mirror Housing Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 03:10 PM
I-LOX
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 C6 Z06 Side Mirror Housing Removal

I am currently removing my passenger side mirror on my 2007 C6 Z06. There is a wire loom and a small (looks like single wire) that connect into the mirrorhousin
g and does not disconnect there. I did find the wire loom disconnection points on the door and have dealt with that. I have been unable to find the disconnect for the small wire. It goes through the door and I am unable to find where the door to car channel ends up on the car side, thus I am unable to follow the wire any further. I tried removing the passenger side sill plate, as I believe that is where the wire is on the driver side, but, with no luck I did not find it on the passenger side (have not gotten to the driver side yet, can anyone confirm the wire is under the sill plate?). Can anyone post a picture or give a detailed description of where/how to disconnect the small wire? Its the only thing holding the mirror in place now. I have seen several mirror disconnect threads, but have yet to find anyone that addresses this wire. All the threads just say "take off the door skin, remove the three bolts, take off the mirror", but what about the wires!?! PS, I am not too great with wire diagrams. So if you post one, please explain. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I'd really love some pictures. Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM
I-LOX
Advanced

Pictures attached to help explain the OP.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:48 PM
I-LOX
Advanced

This is the small black wire I am looking for going through the door to the car.

This is the wire loom that I already disconnected, but but unable to remove the mirror due to the little wire. (PS, not my pic)

Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 AM
m.whitmell
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Wire goes up under the dash....easier to cut it in the door and crimp connect.....thats what I did!

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 C6 Z06 Side Mirror Housing Removal

Quick Reply: 2007 C6 Z06 Side Mirror Housing Removal