C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions on upcoming Grandsport build

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,338 Likes on 1,619 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Few questions on upcoming Grandsport build

Hey guys, So looks like ill be joining the c6 family here soon. Looking into buying a 2013 auto Grandsport. Car as it sits now is bone stock less a Vararam. I want to keep it as simple as possible with this one and maintain maximum drivability with no sacrifice to creature comforts (a/c functionality is a must). Off the bat I just plan on doing headers and off road x and leaving the stock axleback in place. This winter I would like to do a Cam... been reading into it and not seeing alot of options that dont require a convertor. So heres my question, what can I get away with on the 6l80e without hurting it? Obviously I know with a stall I need to look into an aftermarket cooler and what not, have no issues there. I just came from the c5 world and had to spend big money to make a 4l60e live in a boosted car so I dont want to shoehorn myself back into that situtation. Eventually later on down the road I would like to boost this car but for now im thinking simple Cam only bolt on build and call it a day. Whats the limit I can push on the trans? Any other supporting mods I should look into with a cam only build? Thanks for the advice in advance guys. Hoping to pick the car up around the first of the month!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

6L80E is a pretty good unit. It will take quite a lot of abuse. Recommend you do your exhaust and converter and then drive it like that before you toss in the cam. Tuned, of course.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:13 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Since this is a street car, I highly recommend you use a high-flow cats for a minimal loss in performance and to help the people behind you cope with the exhaust fumes.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:11 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Will also cut down or eliminate any drone.

Get notified of new replies

To Few questions on upcoming Grandsport build

Quick Reply: Few questions on upcoming Grandsport build