C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT header install cost in 2018

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Angel23
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default LT header install cost in 2018

Hopefully this is posted in the correct forum. But what is the average cost for a long tube header install on a base ls3 corvette?

I have gotten 2 estimates so far, the first was $810-925 and the second was $750. (tuning not included in either)

I am located in western CT (06776) about 20 mins from the NY border and about an hour and a half from Mass.

I did a long tube install on my 13 Camaro and it was fairly easy,but time consuming. Problem is that I live in a condo and trying to coordinate time to borrow a friends home garage has been difficult.

Any my suggestions on an affordable shop?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:33 AM
Nelson765
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Angel23
Hopefully this is posted in the correct forum. But what is the average cost for a long tube header install on a base ls3 corvette?

I have gotten 2 estimates so far, the first was $810-925 and the second was $750. (tuning not included in either)

I am located in western CT (06776) about 20 mins from the NY border and about an hour and a half from Mass.

I did a long tube install on my 13 Camaro and it was fairly easy,but time consuming. Problem is that I live in a condo and trying to coordinate time to borrow a friends home garage has been difficult.

Any my suggestions on an affordable shop?

Are those prices including a dyno tuning? If not, those estimates are very high, in my opinion. Even if it includes a tuning they are high! As you know, It is not that big of a job, they are charging you a steep Corvette Tax!. I hate that and highly recommend to keep searching for a better shop. I had LT headers and X pipes installed on my 2008 about a year ago. I have a garage but I rather pay someone that is competent as long as the price was reasonable. As you done it before, you know that It is not brain surgery or rocket science. In the Corvette it is easier than in most cars, definitely a lot easier than on a Camaro. I did some research and learned that it is a very easy job if you know what you are doing and specially if you can do it on a lift. I shop around and got similar estimates from local "Corvette" shops, I didn't like those prices so I kept looking, calling around and posted here asking for local shop recommendations. I ended up finding a small shop, but experienced Corvette guys, their quote was about a third everyone's else. If I remember correctly their quote was under $300 dollars and they told me it would take a couple of hours. I was a little hesitant at first cause all the other estimates were so much more but I decided to give this shop a chance. Made the appointment and took my car there. The shop was small but well equipped, clean and organized. It was a father and son shop, and they knew exactly what they were doing, They used a lift and power tools, I got to watch the whole swap, it took them one and a half hour from start to finish! Up and down the lift 3 or 4 times, done! These guys are really good and knew the job well. This job shouldn't take more than 3 to 4 hours to any professional shop. I saw it with my own eyes, 1 1/2 hours!
Can you rent a lift? I live in Miami and there are several "Garage Yourself" places that you can rent a lift by the hour. Very reasonable prices. If you research the job, organize all the tools and since you have some experience, you probably can do it in 4 to 6 hours on a lift. Or just keep searching for a local shop without the Corvette Tax. Call around some more, ask around or hopefully someone here might recommend a decent local shop. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Last edited by Nelson765; 09-15-2018 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:40 AM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

those prices are WAY out of the park. I took my time doing mine and if I remember correctly it took a little over 3 hours.

Get notified of new replies

To LT header install cost in 2018

Quick Reply: LT header install cost in 2018