C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4LT dash separating

Old 09-19-2018, 08:29 PM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4LT dash separating

I have a 2008 base coupe with a 4 LT two tone interim. Near the HUD the leather is separating and lifting. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My car is garaged except when we go on club cruises. I have heard there was a service buliten about this issue. Does anyone know the service buliten number?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:13 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by l68stingray
I have a 2008 base coupe with a 4 LT two tone interim. Near the HUD the leather is separating and lifting. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My car is garaged except when we go on club cruises. I have heard there was a service buliten about this issue. Does anyone know the service buliten number?
Unfortunately, it is a common problem. Mine is doing the same thing. I'm debating on whether to remove the dash, to repair it, or have the windshield pulled so I can fix it in place.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:21 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 893 Likes on 581 Posts

Pretty common, read all about it here. Does not seem to be a good solution.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:08 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by bobeast
Unfortunately, it is a common problem. Mine is doing the same thing. I'm debating on whether to remove the dash, to repair it, or have the windshield pulled so I can fix it in place.
It's always been my opinion that removing the windshield would be a far easier way to do it.
The following users liked this post:
iw172 (09-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 4LT dash separating

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4LT dash separating