C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C-6 LS-3 no start.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 02:43 PM
rappini
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 2009 C-6 LS-3 no start.

Went to start my 2009 C-6 not even a click (changed out battery two months ago) had to jump it and got it running. The only thing I can think of that was different was that I had moved my car without starting it and left it in neutral all night. Some folks in out club were thinking that not being in park may have left some electrical circuits open and drew down the battery. I would like to get CF input or give me some indication of what the resolution could be. Thanks in advance.
Save the Wave.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Pull battery, put it on a charger over high, pull the battery off the charger, then check voltage and do an amp crank test to the battery to make sure it not cooked from being dead too long.

From here with fully charged working battery, connect the negative cable to the negitive terminal on the battery, set a multi meter to amperage, and connect one of it probes to the positive terminal on the battery, the other to the battery cable(not connected to the battery) and see the amount of amps that the car is pulling with the car left in the off position. Hence most meters will only go to 10 amps, so we don't want to try to start the car since that too many amp through the meter to blow it fuse.

The car should be pulling about a half amp for a few mins, then drop way, way down to around .007 amps when the all the cars modules go into full sleep mode.

If over an amp and staying over an amp with the car is supposed to be in sleep mode after a few mins, then you have a module that is not going into sleep mode that is draining the battery quickly when the car is shut down. Couple of ways to go about finding it, but the quick way is to pull fuses one at a time and put them back in (engine bay, then fuse block at the passenger foot well) until you find the module fuse that is not going into speed mode to begin with.

If you have after market items in the car, then suspect them first, then the OEM modules next.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

So let's get this straight. I love my C6. When I take it for a drive (with a good battery), I always carry my Genius GB70 jump starter. Will this unit get me home if I have a problem like this?

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 C-6 LS-3 no start.

Quick Reply: 2009 C-6 LS-3 no start.