C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emission recall & software update?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 11:27 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default emission recall & software update?

Recently brought my 2009 C6 (16K miles) in to dealer for low-beam and emission recalls. Surprised they put in new pipes and cats and did some other software updates. Only driven it about 10 miles since then.
Noticed the heads-up display looks different now with more info on it (not a bad thing).
Any other cool surprises I should know about?
Old 11-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Did not know that long island was requiring the recall.
The recall was to add in another set of cats on the mid pipe, and tune the car leaner to pass emission standards for CA; but decreased power isntead.

As for new features in the HUD, they have always been there, and now the HUD has been set to a different mode or style isntead.
Hence top left pod button will change the modes of the HUD (street to track modes), and then the second button down will change the styles of that mode you have the hud selected to.

Skip to 4:00
Old 11-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

I have compared both my 2008 stock tune file and the emissions recall tune file and no changes were made to: power enrichment, spark or airflow. Only some tweaks with the O2 sensor tables.
The addition of 2 small cats in the mid pipe and the replacement of the original catalytic converters were part of the recall.

I do not have HUD so can't help you there.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 11-11-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To emission recall & software update?

Quick Reply: emission recall & software update?