C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convert Auto engine harness to fit Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:28 AM
Zakmrk2
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Auto engine harness to fit Manual

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum as I have just bought a fire damaged 2007 C6 here in the UK . As you can imagine parts literally do not exist in the UK so ebay etc has been my main source for parts.
I can only find an engine harness from an Automatic c6 and my car is the six speed manual, Can the Auto Engine harness be modified to work on my manual car ? Or does anyone know a place I could get an Engine harness for the manual.
Any help really appreciated.

Cheers Paul.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:57 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

I assume you've got a 6.0-liter. Do you have conventional dampers or electronically-controlled F55 dampers? I'm seeing P/N 15934339 for the former and 15934338 for the latter. Looks like prices here range from the mid $600s to mid $800s for a new one. You just need to find a vendor willing to ship to the UK.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Zakmrk2
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it ! I think I have the conventional suspension as there are no extra buttons etc on centre console, car has the bigger brakes so possibly the Z51 ?
What store could I try with that part number you gave me ?
Old 01-17-2019, 10:48 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakmrk2
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it ! I think I have the conventional suspension as there are no extra buttons etc on centre console, car has the bigger brakes so possibly the Z51 ?
What store could I try with that part number you gave me ?
Quite a few Chevy dealers have set up online part stores. Often they offer parts at a decent percentage below General Motors' MSRP (RRP). However they might be restricted from selling to foreign addresses by some business contract, I don't know. I suggest e-mailing user RichieRichZ06 here or at his work address and include your VIN.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:41 PM
Zakmrk2
6th Gear

I contacted Rich but as you stated he wasn't able to ship to the UK, just to finish this thread to help anyone else I ordered the part number 15934339 from GMPartsGiant.com and they use Fed Ex international shipping. Shipping and Customs are very expensive of course but thats to be expected for any corvette c6 owner in the UK.
I'm bored of the Porsche 911 and BMW M3's and all the German car parts are really expensive anyway here in the UK , It all evens out in the end.
Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Get notified of new replies

To Convert Auto engine harness to fit Manual

Quick Reply: Convert Auto engine harness to fit Manual