Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat insulated oil dry sump tank?

Old 03-14-2019, 10:12 PM
Craiger77
CF Senior Member

Default Heat insulated oil dry sump tank?

Has anyone ever tried to insulate the dry sump reservoir tank to help increase and maintain oil temperature? I donít want to remote the oil cooler because I do track the car but it would be nice to get up to temp sooner without adding thermostats and removing parts.

Just wondering if it been tried and what the results were. I canít find anything in search. That tank has a large surface area. I suspect it must contribute into some of the over cooling and could help if it were prepíd to hold heat better.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:32 PM
Beef97
CF Senior Member

There was a company the made a wrap around insulation kit for the dry sump but they don’t sell it anymore. Not sure if it was because it didn’t work or they didn’t sell enough
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 AM
Craiger77
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beef97 View Post
There was a company the made a wrap around insulation kit for the dry sump but they donít sell it anymore. Not sure if it was because it didnít work or they didnít sell enough
Interesting. Do you remember the company that made it? It wouldnít be too hard to make DIY

Last edited by Craiger77; 03-15-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:06 AM
Beef97
CF Senior Member

Unbalanced engineering. They still have a pic of it on their site. I’m using their oil cooler covers on my GS and they work well.

Last edited by Beef97; 03-15-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: