C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 rib grip

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Dayman
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 6 rib grip

Hey all, this is my first thread so be gentle... I’m just wondering what’s the smallest 6 rib pulley on a stock size balancer some of you have run without running into slip issues? And is there a specific pulley with any special grip enhanced you might suggest ?
I see there is “grip tech” but I couldn’t find a 6 rib for a vortech (v3t)
for reference it’ll be going on a built motor so boost isn’t a concern.
Thanks all for any info. From what I’ve read over the past while of having my vette lots of you have lots of knowledge.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

With my 07Z, I began to have belt slip issues with a stock size balancer and 3.4" blower pulley on a V3-Ti trim. I have since moved to a secondary drive with no issues. if you are going to max out the blower, I highly recommend the secondary drive with 8 rib.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Dayman
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
With my 07Z, I began to have belt slip issues with a stock size balancer and 3.4" blower pulley on a V3-Ti trim. I have since moved to a secondary drive with no issues. if you are going to max out the blower, I highly recommend the secondary drive with 8 rib.
thanks for the input patriot. I would upgrade to the 8 rib but I don’t plan on keeping the blower set up after this season is all.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

If that’s the case, make sure there’s a new belt on and adjust the tension periodically. I didn’t want to deal with that hassle over time plus the secondary drive is much more efficient.

Get notified of new replies

To 6 rib grip

Quick Reply: 6 rib grip