C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to turn my stock C6 into a Street Monster

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Corvette forum memberss and to chuck. Please accept my apologies ..

I shouldnt have offered my particular and personal insight. I was just trying to help another corvette enthusiast enjoy his current corvette as I have.

there are many paths to follow in life...none the only one.

if you consider my suggestions...all I am really suggesting is a stepped approach that could work well for you as it has with me ..(@nd many others)

if you still want more....there are many paths to take. Heads and cam, headers or superchargers...or all of them.

just depends how much you want to spend.

good luck to the original poster and please accept my apologies for voicing my personal opinion.

At 132k miles since new....this being my third new corvette over the past twenty years and over a quarter of a million miles ...this one has given me the most enjoyable and satisfying ownership experience.

i have chuck to thank for that.

This cars a blast. More than capable of exceeding my drivers skill level and a hell of a lot of fun. So much so Im still debating on how I am going to sell this corvette, practically giving it away at 15 grand when it comes time for the new rear mid engine c8.

190 mph top speed. Zero to sixty in four seconds flat. Capable of cornering at 1.0 lateral g’s... the fact that this corvette is so intuitive to my commands witht he CoW booster cracks me up.

Two weeks ago I sold off my winter wheels and snow tires to a fellow corvette enthusiast/owner and i let the gentleman who bought them for his corvette take my car up around bear mountain and the seven lakes...it was a beautiful day and I could tell the gentleman was a responsible individual. I egged him on to get on my c6 z51 manual with the cow booster installed. He LOVED it...the responses were so immediate. The car so quick he and I laughed at how awesome this car was...

that what the corvette hobby is about...

good luck

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-18-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:24 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

I shouldnt have offered my particular and personal insight. I was just trying to help another corvette enthusiast enjoy his current corvette as I have.

good luck to the original poster and please accept my apologies for voicing my personal opinion.
Of course you should have offered your personal insight, that's what this forum is about, at least for me.

Edit: great looking car!

Last edited by doomi; 04-18-2019 at 11:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BlackMamba89 (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 08:42 AM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Like the guy above me said, that's why forums exist, to share knowledge, experience, and opinions. I see your posts a lot and you are always respectful, so don't worry about anybody getting their panties in a bunch because they might disagree with you. This thread is literally ASKING for opinions. You provided that.

Good posts, man, keep it up!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

OP, any tune you get from a good tuner will increase throttle response. It shouldn't be some add on for 200 bucks. Thats the problem I have with the booster. Talk with Brett (Blueblownz), he can hook you up with a tune that not only will increase power, but will increase throttle response with out the extra charge. He can also help you out with a package to get to your goals.

Selling your car for a c6z is a stupid idea. Sell your car for realistically for 15k to 25k (I dont know the options or condition) and then buy a c6z for 28k to 40k. You'll want the 08 up for the better trans. Once you buy the c6z, add another few thousand to get the heads fixed.

To make a ls3 c6 as fast as a c6z will likely end up costing more than just getting a stock z06 with the heads fixed. It takes quite a bit more hp with an ls3 to keep up with a z due to the z being lighter and having better gearing.
This is also wrong. First, a ls3 car with a cam and supporting mods will run with a stock c6z and in some cases, pull on it. 700 for the cam kit, 400 to 500 for the tune, and say 1k to 3k for exhaust depending on new/used and brand. Stock ls7 cars generally make 440 to 465ish stock. Cam only ls3 make 460 to 500. The c6z has the same gearing as a base model. If the base model has the z51 option, it will have the steeper 1-3 gears like the c5z.

If you want to stop at c6z power, just do a cam only set up if an ls3 or heads and cam if you're an ls2. If you want to kick a c6zs ***, Call A&A corvette. Superchargers are alot more due to needing more supporting mods such as fueling.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:03 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Makes it simple and most logical explanation
Originally Posted by Podium
OP, any tune you get from a good tuner will increase throttle response. It shouldn't be some add on for 200 bucks. Thats the problem I have with the booster. Talk with Brett (Blueblownz), he can hook you up with a tune that not only will increase power, but will increase throttle response with out the extra charge. He can also help you out with a package to get to your goals.

Selling your car for a c6z is a stupid idea. Sell your car for realistically for 15k to 25k (I dont know the options or condition) and then buy a c6z for 28k to 40k. You'll want the 08 up for the better trans. Once you buy the c6z, add another few thousand to get the heads fixed.

This is also wrong. First, a ls3 car with a cam and supporting mods will run with a stock c6z and in some cases, pull on it. 700 for the cam kit, 400 to 500 for the tune, and say 1k to 3k for exhaust depending on new/used and brand. Stock ls7 cars generally make 440 to 465ish stock. Cam only ls3 make 460 to 500. The c6z has the same gearing as a base model. If the base model has the z51 option, it will have the steeper 1-3 gears like the c5z.

If you want to stop at c6z power, just do a cam only set up if an ls3 or heads and cam if you're an ls2. If you want to kick a c6zs ***, Call A&A corvette. Superchargers are alot more due to needing more supporting mods such as fueling.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:58 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default See..... I have a sense of humor too.

Originally Posted by Podium
lol.

See..... I have a sense of humor too.

Thanks for being a good sport.
Chuck CoW
Old 04-19-2019, 11:09 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Threads with Chuck always get a chuckle out of me because they get heated no matter what. Something about the CoW booster conversation just gets people on both sides up in arms.

I don't have the booster, nor have I tried it as I did the Diablew tune then a dyno tune. But I can say that I've never seen any negative reviews from anyone who has actually worked with Chuck or used his booster. And despite how he occasionally comes across in threads when he is defending himself and his product, I've always heard he has fantastic customer service.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:00 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by doomi
Threads with Chuck always get a chuckle out of me because they get heated no matter what. Something about the CoW booster conversation just gets people on both sides up in arms.

I don't have the booster, nor have I tried it as I did the Diablew tune then a dyno tune. But I can say that I've never seen any negative reviews from anyone who has actually worked with Chuck or used his booster. And despite how he occasionally comes across in threads when he is defending himself and his product, I've always heard he has fantastic customer service.

Thank you. Not everyone is always as nice and polite as I am..... It's just that I have a short temper.

Aside from that, I'm really a very likable guy!

I'm soooo loveable!
Chuck CoW
Old 04-29-2019, 08:21 AM
F110Mech
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's also worth noting that a good tune is going to cost a lot more than $200. My car has bolt ons and a big *** stall so a street/track tune was the way to go but i can see how someone who thinks a stock vette is fast already would love the increased response of the booster.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:13 PM
ZR1-ab
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Sell car.

Originally Posted by BagarN;1599212295 [b
How to turn my stock C6 into a Street Monster[/b]
Sell your stock and buy one that already has many mods. Much cheaper this way. You only pay about a 1/4 or 1/3 cost for the mods this way.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:50 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

But will it be beat to ****?
Originally Posted by ZR1-ab
Sell your stock and buy one that already has many mods. Much cheaper this way. You only pay about a 1/4 or 1/3 cost for the mods this way.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:09 PM
h8snow
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond
But will it be beat to ****?
. yes
Old 05-01-2019, 08:48 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by h8snow
. yes
That’s why I didn’t buy one modified. Figured it’s better to save. Modify when possible and know what I got
Old 05-01-2019, 08:54 AM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
To make a ls3 c6 as fast as a c6z will likely end up costing more than just getting a stock z06 with the heads fixed. It takes quite a bit more hp with an ls3 to keep up with a z due to the z being lighter and having better gearing. If it were my car I would do 1 7/8” headers with a cam kit, likely from btr and the car should make around 470-480whp.
you do know that the computers on a 2006 base and a 2006 ZO6, the base was speed limited too 186 and the Z 189 so what was that about fast?
Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Not going to lie but these cars are fast
Originally Posted by jonjoy
you do know that the computers on a 2006 base and a 2006 ZO6, the base was speed limited too 186 and the Z 189 so what was that about fast?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:10 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Wut?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:20 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Wut?
Saying these cars stock are fats in my eyes