C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone feel like helping me install my NPP in a box? NY/NJ area

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 PM
jbripps
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone feel like helping me install my NPP in a box? NY/NJ area

Hello all - I swapped my mufflers from stock to NPP myself. They sound incredible, but on long drives, I wouldn't mind having them closed. I have the NPP in a box kit sitting in the garage, and should have attempted the install before I put the underside back together. Anyhow, would love help from someone who has done the install of the kit before. I do have a lift, which I know will make things MUCH easier. If no takers, any suggestions on where to bring it? The videos I have discovered aren't very informative. I am in Rockland County.

Best,
Jon
Old 05-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

If you feel like visiting the Jersey shore (GSP exit 117) I will be happy to help you figure it out. I have never done one before, but how hard can it be ? My GS was factory equipped with NPP, so we might be able to use that as a reference. I have a lift as well, so we can work like gentlemen.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:44 PM
rc51racer
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jbripps
Hello all - I swapped my mufflers from stock to NPP myself. They sound incredible, but on long drives, I wouldn't mind having them closed. I have the NPP in a box kit sitting in the garage, and should have attempted the install before I put the underside back together. Anyhow, would love help from someone who has done the install of the kit before. I do have a lift, which I know will make things MUCH easier. If no takers, any suggestions on where to bring it? The videos I have discovered aren't very informative. I am in Rockland County.

Best,
Jon
Wish I was closer to help. I just installed NPP and NPP in a box on my 05 Z51. Really pretty easy with jack stands And super easy with a lift. I installed mine in 3 different steps. First I ran small vacuum lines from NPP to rear passenger storage area and at same time ran main vacuum line from top front of intake where I connected the easy tap then continue down behind engine through tunnel and across passenger brake cable to passenger storage area. On main vacuum line use zip ties. Second drill 2 holes from underneath Corvette into passenger storage area for 2 vacuum lines to be fed through. Third run electrical wires through passenger side compartment and under door sill plastic up to passenger foot well where fuse box is and make connections. Works great!

Last edited by rc51racer; 05-16-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:50 PM
jbripps
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi fellas - thanks so much! I think I will give it a shot, and if I have issues, Pat, would love to take you up on your offer. You aren't too far away. Really appreciate the invite! Very nice of you.

Stay tuned!
Jon
Old 05-18-2019, 05:22 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by jbripps
Hi fellas - thanks so much! I think I will give it a shot, and if I have issues, Pat, would love to take you up on your offer. You aren't too far away. Really appreciate the invite! Very nice of you.

Stay tuned!
Jon
Jon,
No worries, keep us posted on how it goes. If you are not busy tomorrow, the first big gathering is tomorrow.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-may-19th.html
The following users liked this post:
jbripps (05-19-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 11:11 AM
L98IROCZ89
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I will be installing Z06 mufflers and NPP In A Box / Mild to Wild in central Jersey sometime in the next few weeks. Need to order the NPP In A Box with vacuum lines, just looking around to see what to go with as I'm not familiar with all of the available options.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:00 AM
gpruitt54
Burning Brakes

Received 181 Likes on 125 Posts

Is it possible or advisable to install the control box in the hollow area behind the tail lights. It seems that this would eliminate the need to drill into the storage compartment, as well as having direct access to the vacuum actuators on the NPP mufflers. I have not yet ordered the NPP in a Box, so maybe mine is a bad idea. Just wondering.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone feel like helping me install my NPP in a box? NY/NJ area

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like helping me install my NPP in a box? NY/NJ area