C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with C6 Z06 no start (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Need help with C6 Z06 no start (video inside)

I recently finished replacing the destroyed LS7 in my 2009 corvette z06 with a LS3. Unfortunately when I press the start button the motor just cranks endlessly and doesn't ever start.

Things I have tried:

Checked all fuses
Made sure that there was some gas in the car
Tried pulling all OBD2 codes but there are no codes being reported

I noticed that that I didn't have any fuel coming out of the rails at all when I depressed the schrader valve so I put the car in run mode and jumped the fuel pump relay but I still didn't get anything at all out of the valve.. it seems like the fuel pump doesn't turn on at all.

This seems to suggest that my fuel pump is dead or I have an electrical problem...

I don't know how the fuel pump could be dead because it was working fine before the motor blew and I didn't touch anything on the back of the car, so I am thinking that there is some electrical problem.

I did have to replace the engine wiring harness because the previous one was damaged when the LS7 let go, so I am thinking that I could have messed something up there? I recorded a video of what happens when I put the car in run mode:

https://imgur.com/a/tgzkWfe

Notice how the gas gauge reads completely empty but there is at least 1-2 gallons in the tank, so something is clearly off with the fuel level sending unit.

Anyways if anybody has any suggestions or tips on what to check I would greatly appreciate any leads.

Cheers,
-Benjamin
Old 06-02-2019, 10:51 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Just an update on this if anybody runs into the same problem: there was a wiring harness loose near the dry sump tank. I reseated it and my car started right up!

Quick Reply: Need help with C6 Z06 no start (video inside)