Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letís talk about clutch not releasing

Old 06-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Garmans12valve
CF Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Letís talk about clutch not releasing

So I installed a new mantic twin disk clutch with a new slave and brand oem master cylinder. I was recommended to get rid of my tick master and go with oem so I did.

Ive has the clutch in for around 3k miles and itís done this since day 1. Some days the clutch will not fully release. Itís just barely dragging. Other days it works perfectly fine. I do have a speed bleeder on it and have bled 3 or 4 brake fluid bottles through it.

I did measure for the slave and it was right on the cusp of needing a shim and not needing a shim. I donít have the measurements anymore. Also every single time I do a good pull and decelerate and push the clutch in I have to force it out of gear. That happens on every deceleration. Not real sure on where to start
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Dutch08
CF Senior Member

Received 94 Likes on 91 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Letís talk about clutch not releasing

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: