Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Proven Motorsports LS3 cam Results

Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Mfalk21

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Race Proven Motorsports LS3 cam Results

About a month ago I took my 2008 base C6 back over to Race Proven Motorsports to have their LS3 cam package installed. After speaking with Bill and talking about the goals I am looking to achieve (looking to add boost next summer), we decided to go with RPM's 227/235 with a 113LSA cam.
The car put down great power and torque, plus it drives just like stock under normal driving conditions. She made 491WHP and 460WTQ. Needless to say I am more then happy with the results of the car! I was very impressed with how well the little LS3 reacted to the cam and the supporting mods. While driving it home, all I could do was smile.

Big shout out to Race Proven Motorsports too. They have worked on my car twice now and I would highly recommend them. Their customer service and craftsmanship are outstanding!

Enjoying the car now and looking forward to throwing some boost at it next summer!

Thanks for checking this out guys!
Cheers
Old 06-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Navy Blue 210
CF Senior Member

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats, Excellent results, I believe that cam is right in the sweet spot for a daily drivable LS3.
AFR LS3 Heads & FAST W/ Mid -Length Runners would be my choice over a blower for a nice
40 RWHP bump at a little loss of low end.
Enjoy!
The following 2 users liked this post by Navy Blue 210:
Frans96ss (Yesterday), Mfalk21 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 04:22 PM
bigron1212
CF Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Great numbers! Any chance you can post some speedo pulls?

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:48 PM
jonjoy
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

what was the pull before the cam? meaningless without a base pull, even so # seems to be high
The following users liked this post:
KW Baraka (Yesterday)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Mfalk21

Should have stated that the Car made 442whp and 444wtq before cam. Numbers above are after. Here is a link to the baseline numbers as well. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-numbers.html
Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Omega Doom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow impressive #s do you have a stall in it? if not do you get any push thru on your brakes at idle?
Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 AM
Boostedsvt
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

6.2L engine = “little LS3”... LOL!!

Great numbers and congrats!!
The following users liked this post:
Mfalk21 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Mfalk21

Originally Posted by Omega Doom View Post
wow impressive #s do you have a stall in it? if not do you get any push thru on your brakes at idle?
Sorry, I left out that the car is a M6. But it is still on the stock clutch that has 78K on it. So I'm sure a new clutch is definitely in the future soon!

Thanks man!
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Frans96ss
Supporting Vendor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Appreciate the feedback! Glad you are enjoying the car!
FACEBOOK PAGE
302-798-4000
IG @RaceProvenMotorsports

Delawares Number One LSX Performance Shop
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM
Exact1
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfalk21 View Post
Should have stated that the Car made 442whp and 444wtq before cam. Numbers above are after. Here is a link to the baseline numbers as well. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-numbers.html
Mfalk21, PM sent.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good results however, that camshaft would have performed better if it was a 227/240 113 LSA.
With a 3 degree earlier Evo you would have made 500rwhp with the power and torque holding on longer in the top end.
Low end would still be the same
Ls3 perform better with a wider split with the same valve events.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Good results however, that camshaft would have performed better if it was a 227/240 113 LSA.
With a 3 degree earlier Evo you would have made 500rwhp with the power and torque holding on longer in the top end.
Low end would still be the same
Ls3 perform better with a wider split with the same valve events.
Be mindful that some folks aren't after the last HP Another 3 degrees duration on the exhaust side, while possibly can get you a few more HP, also gets you another 1.5 degrees of overlap. Some, including me, like to make good power and keep good manners. Overlap matters. While you may argue that 10.5 degrees of overlap is child's play, I'll argue that it's too much for a street car. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Exact1
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I'd take RPM's cam spec advice as well. 😇
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
[email protected]

Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Be mindful that some folks aren't after the last HP Another 3 degrees duration on the exhaust side, while possibly can get you a few more HP, also gets you another 1.5 degrees of overlap. Some, including me, like to make good power and keep good manners. Overlap matters. While you may argue that 10.5 degrees of overlap is child's play, I'll argue that it's too much for a street car. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This is not a max effort recommendation.
It's just been proven time and time again that more exhaust duration works better with the ls3 head.
Lower splits perform well in the low to mid range but fall off in the top end because of a late Evo and heads ability to evacuate the exhaust efficiently.
With cathedral heads, different story.
Brian Tooley has tested this out thoroughly and you do not lose torque low down if your ivc is the same with LS3 square port engines.
Any camshaft for an LS3 head should have an Evo of 55 so you get a broader powerband.
A 45 or 46 ivc will give you good power in the low end too.
By the way the cam I recommended has only 7.5 degrees overlap not 10.5.
It would drive the same.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This is not a max effort recommendation.
It's just been proven time and time again that more exhaust duration works better with the ls3 head.
Lower splits perform well in the low to mid range but fall off in the top end because of a late Evo and heads ability to evacuate the exhaust efficiently.
With cathedral heads, different story.
Brian Tooley has tested this out thoroughly and you do not lose torque low down if your ivc is the same with LS3 square port engines.
Any camshaft for an LS3 head should have an Evo of 55 so you get a broader powerband.
A 45 or 46 ivc will give you good power in the low end too.
By the way the cam I recommended has only 7.5 degrees overlap not 10.5.
It would drive the same.
Shoot, got too hot today. My total overlap calc was off. Your cam having more overlap wasn't. More like an extra 2.5 degrees of overlap. The OP's cam at 5 vs your cam at 7.5. It won't drive the same. If you think it will, why not add another 5 degrees of overlap for even more power. It will drive the same, right?
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
bortous

Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Shoot, got too hot today. My total overlap calc was off. Your cam having more overlap wasn't. More like an extra 2.5 degrees of overlap. The OP's cam at 5 vs your cam at 7.5. It won't drive the same. If you think it will, why not add another 5 degrees of overlap for even more power. It will drive the same, right?
I think the heat has fried your brain. Lol
2.5 degrees of overlap would barely be noticeable going from 5.
Adding another 5 degrees exhaust duration will only make it hang on better after peak and you will be at the point of losing some low end torque.

So no, let's not add any more overlap!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Proven Motorsports LS3 cam Results

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: