Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Monitor seems Unreliable

Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 AM
vezePilot
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default TPMS Monitor seems Unreliable

Wow! I have not seen this "Ask a Question" feature before. Thanks!
My 2007 Base A6 Coupe had a chronic "Left Rear Tire Low" warning for several months. Checking the tire pressure manually indicated the pressure was usually correct, but occasionally that tire was indeed low. Now with new Wheels, new Tires and all new TPMS Sensors, again there is a chronic "Left Rear Tire Low." These new tires are absolutely correct. Also, for an hour or so of driving, all tires showed XX pressures and I had a DIC "Check Sensor System" warning. And, the old tires show Tire Wear in the Center of the tread ... indicating the pressure was Too High. What is wrong with my TPMS sensor system?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:23 AM
dr_gallup
CF Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Do you have a cell phone sitting it the cup holder? This is known to interfere with the TPMS. Happened to me on a trip to Florida, got XX pressures, stopped and checked, no problem. All week in FL no problem. Driving home got the XX pressures again. Turned out it was my brother riding shotgun using Waze on his cell phone and putting it in the cup holder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS Monitor seems Unreliable

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: